Sleeping Postures

Fantastic Name

Sleeping Postures  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Which position do you sleep in most often?

• On your side
    • On your back
    • On your stomach
    • In the fetal position
    • Sitting in a chair
    • Standing up
    • Other
    • I don't sleep.

This poll is closed to new votes

Fantastic Name

Just curious. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I sleep on my stomach most of the time.

I am an active sleeper. I sleep on my stomach, then my left side, then my right side, then my left side, . . .

On my side, and I like to cuddle up with the blankets under my head.

8 minutes ago, E is for E said:

I can sleep in any position with the exception of on my back or standing up.

I can sleep in any position with the exception of on my stomach or standing up.

1 hour ago, bejjinks said:

I am an active sleeper. I sleep on my stomach, then my left side, then my right side, then my left side, . . .

I am an active sleeper. I sleep on my back, then my left side, then my right side, then 💤

I sleep in the recovery position (the position they teach you if you learn first aid).

On my side or my back usually.

Usually I've sleep on my left side in a kind of feral position, occasionally though on my right side though I tend to move about

Unfortunately for the last three weeks, I've slept on my back as I suffered some bruising three weeks ago that my normal sleeping position would be sore

2 hours ago, Ortac said:

I sleep in the recovery position (the position they teach you if you learn first aid).

Sameeee

I honestly can’t seem to sleep at all unless I’m lying dead on my back with my arms straight to my sides. I always end up cutting off the circulation somewhere otherwise, which causes me to wake up. 

everywhere and nowhere

Always on the side, I can't sleep in a different position. Sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right - recently mostly left, because only then I can lay facing my fan.

But then...

- I have a lot of trouble falling asleep, mostly due to my allergy.

- I'm absolutely afraid of sleeping pills, they are very harmful, so I'll never take any sleeping medication stronger than herbal teas with ingredients such as lemon balm, lavender, hops...

- I have very poor dream recall - about 1-2 remembered dreams per month, and few interesting dreams - which means I hardly get any "reward" for falling asleep.

- Which, altogether, means that sleeping is a source of frustration for me and I'd gladly live without sleeping if it was possible.

Basically, the only time when I know that I would really have to sleep anyway is my period - without sleeping I would risk paracetamol overdose at some point before my period ends.

I sleep primarily on my side but every once in a while if I'm exhausted enough I'll sleep on my stomach

I also shift around a bit, but my usual basic position is sort of twisted (to deal with low-level chronic back pain), partially on my back and partially on my side. Sort of like this:

o-CATS-AND-SLEEP-facebook.jpg

Grumpy Alien

Not sure how to answer. I roll around in various positions.

divided_sky

Can usually only sleep on my stomach and it frustrates me to no end

RoseGoesToYale

I move so much and so violently, I need to just sleep in a straight jacket.

It differs, but unfortunately mostly on my back :(

I know that sleeping on your left side is technically the healthiest. (It's not like it's a huge difference, particularly since I'm not overly old yet, but you know, I like to optimize whenever possible! xD)

Member131995

I actually don't sleep...or should I say, I love sleep but I also love going hours without it. I have on occasion slept standing up and the people around me were a mixture of very confused and amused. When I do sleep, I alternate between my side with a rolled blanket under me and a pillow under my head and between my knees and my back with a rolled blanket under the small of my back and a pillow under my head and calves😊

I almost always have to fall asleep on my side, but I'm very active when sleeping so it can be pretty much be any position. The temperature of the room also plays a factor

Either stomach or side. Usually toward the left, so that I'm not facing my alarm clock.

Usually side/stomach but I move around in my sleep a lot.

Tasha the demi squirrel

I voted side but I toss and turn so really I sleep on both sides and stomach at different points during the night lol

I generally fall asleep I think on my side or on my stomach, but I very often wake up on by back with my arms over my head 

(I voted standing up though...) 

I once slept standing -- No idea how 😁

But normally I sleep in my side.

Seriously, could be anything tho -- so far I've managed to sleep standing, sitting, lying in my back or in my side... 😂

J. van Deijck

on my stomach. not so good for my spine :blink:

I move to different positions depending on what's comfy.  I tend to curl up in to a ball, with my head at the corner of my pillow.  Most of the time I'm on my side, and while hugging the pillow corner I sometimes sleep on my belly.  Who knows how often I move during the night tho :P 

Normally on my back, occasionally on my side or in some weird position to avoid a cat which decided to share my bed 

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Side: Sometimes

Back: Usually (my vote)

Stomach: Dear God no!

Fetal position: Rarely

In a chair: Not intentionally

Standing up: Has never happened

Other: Nothing that I can think of

I don't sleep: I WISH!

Archived