Language buddies??

wayward_zombie

wayward_zombie

Hey! I'm currently trying to get better in Spanish and French both and while reading and listening helps a lot I think having someone to practice everyday language with could be so beneficial! I have no one to practice with unfortunately so please if you know of some good trusty sites or if you'd like to help yourself let me know I'd be really thankful 🙌 oh also I tried hello talk and some aminos but didn't really help tbh

I know Duolingo and Memrise are both really good sites.  I'm also learning Spanish and hope to eventually learn French and would practise (mainly Spanish) with you if you were interested?

wayward_zombie

@AniGirl425 yes of course that'd be great! Thank you!! 

Personally, I find that just reading articles and watching videos in the language you're working on becoming fluent in really helps. There are some great French Youtubers.

Mango is a mobile app that's really good for learning and practicing!

I'm using it to learn Scottish Gaelic and the app explains all of the grammar in depth and in a way that's very easy to understand. It's a life saver (especially considering there aren't many resources for Scottish Gaelic in general). It also gives you cultural notes and I find it helps you really get to KNOW the chosen language past just the words.

I haven't tried it with the other languages I'm learning yet but I should think it teaches them all the same sort of way!

Bonjour, je parle francais. Tu peux m'envoyer un message personnel si tu voudrais. Je ne parle pas parfaitement mais je veux pratiquer mon francais aussi. (Desolee, je ne peux pas taper des accents parce que je n'ai pas un clavier francais.) 

wayward_zombie

@Ardoise thank you! yes im trying to read more and I've started following a couple youtubers, if you have good recommendations let me know!

@Redwylde thanks!! gonna download it right away 😄

hunterofartemis

I'm learning French too and i'm happy to practice with you if you want!  

Also i find that if you want to practice reading in french, find a french version of your favourite book or something - then at least you can understand what's going on and refer to the english version and it really helps with learning sentence structure and vocabulary and stuff.  

French audiobooks are good for listening practice too.

Y'all might want to check whether there are people in Meetup Mart who are open to such a thing :) MM includes folks looking to talk via PMs, snail mail, e-mail...

Archived