Pamela Anderson has said YouTube and video games like Fortnite are causing men to become asexual.

Éadweard

15 minutes ago, Princess Merida said:

Men are seen as weak or not REAL men by some (quite a lot of people) for not wanting sex.

Yep, and the gender roles are stupid. According to them, being a "real man" means being a dumb sports jock with big muscles and piles of money and lots of hot women in bikinis which are essentially devalued. 

What I'm trying to say is, it's stupid and people should accept that some people don't want sex (I mean, for the sexual peeps involved it even means less competition for hot people)

knittinghistorian
45 minutes ago, TheLoveOwl said:

Did she even make a point in that article? All I got was that she didn't like video games and that we're allegedly broken

Well, the article’s point was kind of that no, she did not make a point!

Janus the Fox

nice connection, but nope.  Never thought Fortnite and Asexuality be put into the same sentence.

Duke Memphis
4 hours ago, Homer said:

Two weeks make people asexual?

When I first heard about the game, I also thought they were talking about the span of time known as a fortnight. The game literally has nothing to do with the span of time, which irritates me.

2 hours ago, Duke Memphis said:

When I first heard about the game, I also thought they were talking about the span of time known as a fortnight. The game literally has nothing to do with the span of time, which irritates me.

Does it have anything to do with building pillow forts?

Duke Memphis

No, but you can build forts with wood, stone, and metal. Most of the time, though, you run from a storm that closes in on you as you avoid being killed by everyone else on the island.

If the claim was that Fortnite led to paranoia, there would be actual reasoning behind it.

23 hours ago, knittinghistorian said:

Well, lots of anti-vaxxers take the advice of second-rate celebrities over the advice of the ENTIRE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY, so...

You obviously haven't met many serious anti-vaxxers. If you've met anti-vaxxers who only don't vax because they took the advice of a celebrity then they're just as bad as the masses who vaccinate without questioning what they're actually doing. Most of the population are sheep and it's sad when anti-vaxxers are on the side of the sheep, though I've never actually met any like that (and I've met a lot of anti-vaxxers, including most of my healthcare professionals through my pregnancies/early childhood raising years. People would be surprised at how many medical professionals don't vax their own kids due to having seen just how bad the side-effects can be, they're just not allowed to say that publicly or they'll lose their jobs). Different topic though, and one which doesn't really have any place in this convo.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:09 AM, EggplantWitch said:

Well she's a fucking idiot then isn't she.

That's what happens when you have more silicone than brains  :P

My reaction is meh, who cares what she thinks.

knittinghistorian
1 hour ago, FictoVore. said:

You obviously haven't met many serious anti-vaxxers. If you've met anti-vaxxers who only don't vax because they took the advice of a celebrity then they're just as bad as the masses who vaccinate without questioning what they're actually doing. Most of the population are sheep and it's sad when anti-vaxxers are on the side of the sheep, though I've never actually met any like that (and I've met a lot of anti-vaxxers, including most of my healthcare professionals through my pregnancies/early childhood raising years. People would be surprised at how many medical professionals don't vax their own kids due to having seen just how bad the side-effects can be, they're just not allowed to say that publicly or they'll lose their jobs). Different topic though, and one which doesn't really have any place in this convo.

Bless your heart.  Well, yes, if doctors decide that they know better than the entire scientific community, and then put people's lives or health in danger by not giving vaccines, then yeah, they probably should lose their jobs.

divided_sky

Maybe she got Hep C from dirty Polio vaccine needles

Another win for the anti-vax crowd

And what the fuck does Pamela Anderson know about being asexual? What authority does she have? How many asexual people does she personally know?

In other words

Spoiler

Image result for sit down bitch gif

On 7/27/2018 at 4:12 PM, Janus DarkFox said:

nice connection, but nope.  Never thought Fortnite and Asexuality be put into the same sentence.

I'm sure there's tons of asexual people who play fortnite, though. It's a fun game and it's easy to find people who do.

But seriously, playing a game couldn't possibly magically un-sexualize people's orientations 😕

For the record, I don't even know what Fortnite is, nor have I even heard of it before reading the title of this thread.

Then again, I don't have a dick, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

Duke Memphis
23 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

That's what happens when you have more silicone than brains  :P

*Standing ovation* That was a serious BURN!

Someone Else

Why fortnite?  I can't even imagine how, even erroneously, it could be connected to asexuality.  

divided_sky

In case anyone would want to take her opinion seriously, let's remember she dated Tommy Lee and Kid Rock. Have you ever heard either of those two speak? That's the intellect she is attracted to

blunose2772
1 hour ago, divided_sky said:

In case anyone would want to take her opinion seriously, let's remember she dated Tommy Lee and Kid Rock. Have you ever heard either of those two speak? That's the intellect she is attracted to

I will say that she won me $100 once. I bet a friend her marriage to Kid Rock wouldn't last 6 months. It barely lasted one

divided_sky

What always cracks me up about something like the vaccine argument - 99% of doctors say they are safe (just using an example, not citing any facts), and it is dismissed. Well that's just an opinion, they don't know for sure, blah blah blah. Then one doctor says they are not safe and cause autism, and then it's "hey look at that! a doctor said they are not safe, nobody would know better than a doctor"

Lol

Someone Else

I only recently tried fornite,so it must work retroactively!

...What?

Why are they even asking her for advice?

Divide By Zero

Time to get out the asexual bingo cards and see how many items I can mark off...

Anthracite_Impreza

Two things that piss me off most:

A computer has no attachment.

She is mostly silicon, so is a computer. Why does she think she can have feelings but a computer can't?

We must do all we can to keep human connections – we are stronger in pairs

FAMILY VALUES!!!! and amato-mono-normativity in one fell swoop.

6 hours ago, Tuple said:

Time to get out the asexual bingo cards and see how many items I can mark off...

Yeah. There are quite a few in the article, like the fact that her comments appeared to be sexist, only complaining about men being asexual, when women/non-binary/trans people, etc. are, too (not that she's supposed to complain about them, too, but just pointing out how she seems to think asexuality is only a problem if men are asexual, which isn't right). And the whole, "...could be due to germ phobias..." or "being afraid..." 🤨😐 It seems she hasn't read researchers' published articles and studies about asexual individuals.

Her comments aren't helping asexuals who want to come out to their friends or family, who might come across her comments and think she's correct. I really hope others don't take her comments seriously.

Archived