Pamela Anderson has said YouTube and video games like Fortnite are causing men to become asexual.

Éadweard

Yeah cause asexuality didn't exist before fortnite or youtube...🙄

I'm no expert, but I think it's possible for it to result in lower libido, though not asexuality. I'd rather listen to a biologist than a "Baywatch star" I've never even heard of. (I realise she's probably quite famous, but I really don't care). Also, why was the reader (who is presumably the child's parent) so desperate for the child to "feel sexual again"? I've really never understood that sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

Yeah cause asexuality didn't exist before fortnite or youtube...🙄

Exactly mate. Also, there's the fact that asexuality exists in a percentage of animals, such as sheep and rodents, and it's a little known fact that they rarely play Fortnite. If you are interested... well, I can't be bothered to look, but feel free to google it.

13 minutes ago, lewp3 said:

Exactly mate. Also, there's the fact that asexuality exists in a percentage of animals, such as sheep and rodents, and it's a little known fact that they rarely play Fortnite. If you are interested... well, I can't be bothered to look, but feel free to google it.

Well this dog did play fortnite :lol:

https://youtu.be/-BvziV2yqp8

5 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

Well this dog did play fortnite :lol:

https://youtu.be/-BvziV2yqp8

Crap, she might be on to something here 🤣

divided_sky

One of the great intellectuals of our time

NickyTannock

This is just another example of people thinking Asexuals are broken, and also blaming entertainment for a perceived problem.

I don't play Fortnite, and I was asexual well before high speed internet and web browsing were available. This sort of casual acephobia is so disappointing.

EggplantWitch

Well she's a fucking idiot then isn't she.

Yes! Our plan to convert the masses through our media infiltration is working, and soon not just the addicted-gamer population, but the WHOLE WORLD will be asexual. 😈😈😈 Anderson and her ilk won't stand a chance against our agenda...!

Spoiler

But seriously, how could someone make such stupid claims? 

She's an old woman now and is probably feeling bitter that men don't find her attractive. Only shallow men were drawn to her in the first place with her massive implants so is it any wonder they don't care now?!

Or maybe she's the reason men are asexual. 😂 (jk)

27 minutes ago, Princess Merida said:

Or maybe she's the reason men are asexual. 😂 (jk)

Well Baywatch on TV was around when Ibwas younger and I do remember seeing some of it... 😛

Ms. Carolynne

But what about the good sex!? Asexuals make up a whole 1% of the population, and are mostly women. You see? Men are losing interest in sex at an alarming rate!

I'm laughing at the bit where she mentioned all the bodies one can find online to get excited about, really grasping the lack of sexual attraction 🙄

Also what kind of person asks Pamela Anderson for life advice?

andreas1033

What a load of bull.

I have always been asexual, and never watched one of her type of shows, ie baywatch. I assume most people my age, ie young at that time, watched idiotic shows like baywatch, but i never did. We all know why most males watch shows like that.

Youtube, or video games have nout to do with being asexual.

She is the type of female, that things every man must pant for her. No, males like me, being asexuals and always have been, never was interested.

I thought even though i was young at time when baywatch came on, it was a horrible disgusting show, although most males my age, from teens, to early twenties, probably watched that idiotic rubbish.

There has always been asexual humans, and there always will be. Even in the bible you have stories of males whom live is ruined, as they did not take up with some powerful female. So i assume, that story was based on some asexual male.

If your asexual, your destined to be asexual. Just like if you have a high sex drive, there is not much you can really do about this affecting you life, and dominating your life.

Pamela Anderson knows nothing if she thinks asexuality (or any sexuality) can be caused by media. 

Asexuality can't be caused by anything, except perhaps trauma. Sure, the gamers of the world may begin to have a lower libido towards a real person, but that's entirely different.

I don't understand how she can think like this.

"Fortnite causes your children to become asexual!!!!"

Yeah, yeah, whatever. 

divided_sky
On 7/27/2018 at 9:03 AM, G1P0 said:

But what about the good sex!? Asexuals make up a whole 1% of the population, and are mostly women. You see? Men are losing interest in sex at an alarming rate!

I'm laughing at the bit where she mentioned all the bodies one can find online to get excited about, really grasping the lack of sexual attraction 🙄

Also what kind of person asks Pamela Anderson for life advice?

This. Who the fuck cares what she has to say about anything? People give way too much attention to celebrities. Most of them have little to nothing to offer as far as thoughts on life

I guess it can lead to social isolation, which can then turn into.. well lack of sexual or romantic interactions. 

blunose2772

*he says sarcastically* Can't beat that logic (or lack there of)

knittinghistorian
On 7/27/2018 at 9:03 AM, G1P0 said:

Also what kind of person asks Pamela Anderson for life advice?

Well, lots of anti-vaxxers take the advice of second-rate celebrities over the advice of the ENTIRE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY, so...

knittinghistorian

I am amused by how the article is basically just mocking her.

RoseGoesToYale

That's like walking into a strip club, meeting a nymphomaniac, and concluding that going to strip clubs makes people addicted to sex. There's no basis whatsoever.

Well, Pamela Anderson ain't a scientist, is she?

Duke Memphis

The horrors... Men will no longer see women solely as objects of desire... And it's somehow Fortnite's fault! If no one can explain how Fortnite works its evil, then how can we treat these poor, innocent people?!

I guess active hands aren't the devil's playthings, and that's somehow a tragedy.

Two weeks make people asexual?

Oohh, blame the video games for everything.

Also, why is not wanting sex a bad thing?

5 minutes ago, StormySky said:

Oohh, blame the video games for everything.

Also, why is not wanting sex a bad thing?

Men are seen as weak or not REAL men by some (quite a lot of people) for not wanting sex.

Archived