Gender confused

_elysian

Spoiler

I was born a female. I like some ‘girly’ things like pink and long (shoulder-length) hair. At the same time I like ‘boy’ things like clothing and doing things that are generally considered masculine. I’ve always been a girl and never minded she/her pronouns but never really felt fully connected with either gender. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

P.S I have no idea how to remove spoilers

Spoiler

P.P.S

Thank you everyone for clearing things up for me with gender identity and gender expression!

You don't seem to have any discomfort with your gender per se. Not aligning oneself to parts of the female gender role doesn't change your gender identity. Gender roles are dumb; just do and wear what you like.

Let me quote myself: "I suppose gender is something you only "feel" when it doesn't match your body.

Do you feel the deep need to change something? And by that I mean a strong discomfort, not just a feeling of not quite fitting in."

You can be gender-nonconforming and still be female. Butch lesbians have been doing it for years.

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@_elysian Hello! Welcome to heAVEN! Take as much :cake: as you want!

Maybe the term 'agender' would fit you best.

Just Somebody

Well one thing is your gender identity, are just words you rather feel more comfortable hearing when referring to yourself at the moment.  you can also view them as the group/box you feel better represented and more comfortable being a part of at the moment. Gender identities are : girl, boy, and other non-binary identities.

Gender expression is what we can see when looking at you, it's composed of stuff like your behaviors, your clothes,  your body bio-type,  your name, your pronouns, etc. .. none of this has influence over your gender identity.

Gender expressions are: feminine, masculine,  and genderqueer expressions.

people usually mistake these 2:

Being cisgender =/= beinb gender conforming

Just because you identify as a girl, that doesn't mean you have to have a feminine gender expression nor agree with submissive gender roles. Anyway , you can be a gender non-conforming cisgender girl.

Archived