Questioning my attraction

SweetTart

After learning more about the difference between arousal non-concordance and sexual attraction I'm beginning to suspect I may not be Demi-sexual.

I mean, I still might be, I'm young and there's a possibility that I may experience sexual attraction in the future. But I suspect the first time I believed I experienced "sexual attraction" wasn't really sexual attraction. While I felt aroused at times by the actions of the person I was with, I never actually felt a desire to have sex with them. I'm not repulsed by the thought of sex, but at this point I feel like if I did have sex it would be more out of love for a person, not really sexual desire.

I've also noticed that while I enjoy being cuddled and touched (sensually), I haven't felt a desire to touch back or really reciprocate. It's more like I enjoy it and then feel obligated to touch them as well. It may be because I'm inexperienced and very new to relationships, I'm not sure.

tmi; mild talk of bdsm

Spoiler

I'm unsure if my desire to be touched yet not feeling a desire to reciprocate could have something to do with my being submissive? It's like I feel a desire to be shown/told/encouraged to do something, and without that direction the desire isn't there. Is that a thing, can anyone relate?

It may be ridiculous to try to figure out my identity in depth when I don't have much experience in the way of relationships. I just feel like if I can sort out my own thoughts and feelings it will help with understanding myself and any future relationships. Any advice or thoughts?

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place! Wasn't really sure where to put it.

Someone Else

I think a lot of us can tell our sexual orientation without having to try it first.  Some people need to experiment, but many don't and just know.

Archived