in a relationship, would you sleep in the same bed as your partner?

Mike-95

Squirrel Combat

Apparently I snore, so it might be more of a problem for someone else.

I always have, so yes.

Ā 

I have a set of rules, though. I don't do being draped all over you while trying to fall asleep. This is just cruelty. You feel loved, and I'm stuck waking up not feeling half of my limbs due to loss of circulation.

Ā 

Personally, I have seen many couples sleep in separate beds, and even rooms. I think they're onto something....

Cup.of.tea.

I think I could do it, but not everyday. I like to have space while I sleep.

I sleep with my family on floor together. I don't think I will mind my partner sleeping in sameĀ one as mine every single day.Ā 

1000 times yes. Honestly I lvoe to cuddle and be in the presence of people I love and sleeping next to my significant other would be such a dream.Ā 

DazzlingGirl16

As long as intercourse isn't involved.

On 7/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, RK800 said:

This is a funny subject for me. On one hand I would like that, but on the other I doubt I'd be able to sleep. The last time I shared a bed I was forcefully held down to it by an abusive relative.

The only partner I'd probably feel safe with would be an 'object'.

So sorry to hear that. I hope one day you'll feel safe enough to at least give it a try.Ā 

I think I would if they expected it of me or I'd feel like it, but I'd like to have a spare bedroom or my own house to go back to. I know I have trouble sleeping next to others and I can't call asleep with anyone breathing next to me. I have to fall asleep before they come to bed. And they can't touch me either when I want to sleep - though I've fallen asleep cuddling a handful of times, but then I wake up after a short while. I love touching and cuddling, but not when I need to rest.Ā 

Anthracite_Impreza

This is a difficult one for me,Ā 1. because I'm aro so don't have a "partner" per se and 2. because I'm mecha, and it's quite hard to get a car in your bedroom (plus I'd feel I was leaving the other(s) out and I don't wanna do that).

Ā 

If I could have my ideal house with a massive garage with the cars, I'd probably end up with one bed in there and one somewhere else. That way, most of the time I could sleep in the same room as them, but if I was having an "I need space" night (orĀ visitors) I'd go in the other. I could definitely go to sleep with my cars though, I've almost fell asleep with them many times (not driving!).

Ā 

Ugh, I wanna do this now, I'd probably sleep better.

Ā 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:19 PM, RK800 said:
Spoiler

Ā 

This is a funny subject for me. On one hand I would like that, but on the other I doubt I'd be able to sleep. The last time I shared a bed I was forcefully held down to it by an abusive relative.

The only partner I'd probably feel safe with would be an 'object'.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm sorry that happened to you, but you know I "get" you, even if no one else does :(Ā 

(NotSo)DirtyDiana

I've always loved the romantic idea of sleeping cuddled up with the guy I love, but that fantasy was shot to hell when I met my first proper boyfriend and tried sleeping with him. It was so uncomfortable having someone in the way, stopping me from turning, stopping me from cocooning my legs inside the duvet as I've been doing my whole life. It was a single bed, though... But still, after a while he started sleeping on an inflatable bed on the floor (he stayed with my family often). I still love the cutesy thoughts of sleeping in a guy's arms, despite reality! They say sleeping in separate beds is a warning sign in relationships... anti-intimacy. For that reason I think I would feel like I "have" to, otherwise I'd be "rejecting" him romantically as well as sexually, or something like that... I should stay single.Ā 

RakshaTheCat
1 minute ago, (NotSo)DirtyDiana said:

It was so uncomfortable having someone in the way, stopping me from turning, stopping me from cocooning my legs inside the duvet as I've been doing my whole life. It was a single bed, though...

Yeah, you need bigger bed for that, I don't think its possible to sleep comfortably while being squeezed together like that. But still, sleeping beside each other is fun. Just feeling others presence, stroking each other and... tickle fightsšŸ˜¼. Cant really be playful with each other when in separate beds...

SnickersGetSomeNoots

Yes I have/would continue to.

Cuddles and a human hot water bottle teehee :)šŸ°šŸ°šŸ°

I could, but not every night. Especially if the other one likes cuddling etc.Ā 

verymelancholic

If I did have one, I actually would.

I do. It's pleasant almost all year except for when heat and humidity make it gross to be near another person.

If I somehow turn out to be romantic (thatā€™s a really big if TBH), Iā€™d be completely fine with it as long as sleeping habits donā€™t make it a problem for either person šŸ˜…. Due to my personality, I find intimacy awkward and sometimes uncomfortable, but in theory, if I trusted someone a lot and I liked them romantically, I see no problem with sleeping in the same bed. Itā€™d be like an eternal sleepover šŸ˜„. Heck, Iā€™ve slept in the same bed as same-sex friends back in middle school and it didnā€™t bother me. We were obviously separated by a fair amount of space but it didnā€™t feel weird.

Cuddling is nice, but sleep time is sleep time. I don't like having extra warmth around me; it triggers restless leg syndrome. If I ever get into a serious relationship where I live with someone, I need a big bed!

I would, definitely!! I love cuddles and physical closeness. As long as he doesn't snore or hog the blankets, and even then, I wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed, it just wouldn't be as frequent. >u<

On 7/20/2018 at 3:01 PM, divided_sky said:

Probably not. I have a difficult enough time sleeping as it is. Someone else in bed could only make it worse

This is true.

Archived