How Many Crushes?

SweetTart

Crushes  

174 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you experienced a crush?

• 1 - 10
    • 11 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/20/20 at 10:00 PM

I'm curious to see everyone's experiences with "crushing" on people.

Were they generally light? Intense? Somewhere in-between?

Feel free to comment your thoughts and experiences!

AcornCarvings

I'd say I've experienced quite a bunch of crushes/squishes, but I also really loosely define the term as the fluttery attractive feelings I sometimes get for people.

Most of those are fleeting and chill, while a few of them are pretty intense and grow as I get to know the people, and a few of them I've acted on and tried to become closer with those people.

I have a few pretty big ones right now (some with all of my close people, and also with this really weird and amazing and kinda mysterious and interesting woman on my running team. We play backgammon together on the busses and talk about queer theory and stuff and we sometimes share earbuds ☺️)

Oh jeez, I didn’t realize I had so many past crushes until I tried counting them! I love an innocent crush, honestly

Two of my crushes were on guys and both didn't last very long and the other two were on girls, one of which lasted for maybe a month and a half and the other is my current relationship so

I don't know if I can quantify crushes like that. I don't know if I have or haven't, and the whole idea of crushes are still confusing to me. In retrospect, most of them have seemed like friend crushes. So I don't know!

Grumpy Alien

Four

Twice, once as a teenager and once much later 

340?cb=20120713193238

Two - one was someone from secondary school and the second was someone from college

7 full on crushes. I dated 4 of them. 

Major crushes that I could see myself actually dating and have gone through what if scenarios on...I think between 6-10. Obviously some were not much of an impact as I'm having a hard time remembering them all

• 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

like 3 or 4 times in my whole life.

• 2 weeks later...

All the infatuations I define as "crushes" have been incredibly intense. I've had 2 and I identify as allosexual and alloromantic.

I answered 1-10 on the poll. Though it turns out there have actually been even more than that, some stronger than others, but there have been many either way.

• 4 months later...
Chloe O'Leary

I've had one crush on a boy in school I was best friends with which got pretty intense at times! I also had a (sort of) crush on a fellow cadet when I was an Air Cadet. He was possibly the only one in the squadron that I felt I could call a friend.

I've had two crushes that were so strange and weak that they might not have been crushes.

I have had about 15 crushes. Some were light, some intense and brief and some intense and long lasting and some lasted ages

Not really. In the past I thought I had crushes, but it turns out they were either squishes or aesthetic attraction.

RoseGoesToYale

I think I finally worked it out... one category 4 crush, one category 3, ten category 2, and the other fourteen were category 1. So 26 in total.

5 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

I think I finally worked it out... one category 4 crush, one category 3, ten category 2, and the other fourteen were category 1. So 26 in total.

What's that? :)

Squirrel Combat

Well, I have dated or tried to date at least 29 women now, so I would say my crush number is a few more above that.

RoseGoesToYale
4 hours ago, Homer said:

What's that? :)

This is my classification system:

Tropical Storm- aesthetic/sensual only, no romantic feelings

Category 1- Happy to see them, some fluttery feelings, a daydream or two

Category 2- Specifically look forward to seeing them, several daydreams, fluttery feeling and some nervousness

Category 3- Definite nervousness and weakness, going out of your way to see them, consistent daydreaming, self consciousness

Category 4- Prolonged nervousness, loss of appetite, difficulty speaking, thinking about them near constantly, inability to get work done, sudden creative outpourings

Category 5- Bedridden with feelings, major emotional upheaval, probably a drug-like state

• 2 months later...

I don’t think I’m aromatic but I’ve never had a crush before. 

nineGardens

Curiosity, "I wonder where this goes", usually followed by "Oh, they have someone already, never mind"         x 4ish.

"You are cool. I want to be part of this persons story, and see what awesome stuff they get up to and go halves on a baby"      x1

Archived