Am i aromantic?

Catkatboebat

Catkatboebat

Sorry, I didn't quite know where to put this, I just really need some help figuring myself out! so here goes:

Ever since my 6th grade year, I have been pressured to date. I hadn't had a crush on anyone yet, but with a guy friend, people told us we should date. Because I knew he liked me, I had said yes when he asked me out. But when we broke up, I actually was kinda relieved. By 9th grade, I had it in my mind that I was supposed to date people and enjoy it, until in 10th grade (about 2 years ago) when i realized i was asexual. When I described it to my boyfriend at the time, i realize now that i was describing aromanticism! Since about 6 months ago, i have been questioning whether I'm aromantic. I don't enjoy kissing, and every person i've dated is basically just a super friend. when i forced myself to take a break from dating, i realized how much happier i was, and that i already did everything i was comfortable with in a relationship with my friends. I cuddle, hug, hold hands with my friends, and can talk to my friends about anything.

Idk, looking back, I never really wanted to date, i just thought I had to. But when my relationship didn't work out, i began to feel lonely and worthless, which is probably why i wound up in these relationships. I didn't even really look for relationships anyways, i just said yes if someone asked me out. Every relationship threw me into a pit of depression, but when we would end it, I felt so relieved.... Idk, what do you guys think? Could i be aromantic?

I'd say you probably are based on your story. You could be somewhere else on the spectrum if that makes you feel more comfortable but it's up to you.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Anthracite_Impreza

Definitely a strong probability.

Catkatboebat

Well, thanks for all the responses! It helps to know whether I'm imagining things or not😅

Blue Phoenix Ace

If you also never feel crushes, then that sounds like aromanticism to me. If you do feel crushes, then you aren't aromantic (maybe grey-romantic though).

Archived