A question for ALL amab nonbinary people!

judedennis18

judedennis18

I'm trying to figure out if I'm nonbinary right now, and there is a severe lack of information/resources/general presence of AMAB nonbinary people online, so i thought I'd ask all the AMAB nonbinary (and questioning) people on this website about their experience:

How did you know you were nonbinary? About what age did you start questioning your gender? What were you like as a child, did you ever feel different/gnc (gender nonconforming)? What has been your overall experience with realizing you were nonbinary? 

(These are kind of broad/general type questions, so just answer whichever ones you want or just talk about your experience in general, anything will help, thanks!)

I am still questioning my gender identity, but it is likely that I will settle on some non-binary identity. Agender seems to be the best fit, but maybe there is more fluidity.

About what age did you start questioning your gender?

About a year ago, over 30 years old. After accepting I am gray ace.

How did you know you were nonbinary?

I've got a strong suspicion I am agender or some other non-binary after I got into my first romantic relationship. And realized that I don't want to be seen as a man by my partner, but thinking of me as women also feels wrong.

What were you like as a child, did you ever feel different/gnc (gender nonconforming)?

As a child I was different from other boys. But I would not relate this to being gender nonconforming. With puberty I realized I am different regarding love/sex, but I could not tell how. And from late puberty on wards I remember feeling "not masculine enough" for the expectations of my peers in school. I tried to compensate for this by avoiding anything which could be seen as feminine or non-masculine. Which continued until coming to terms that I might be non binary.

I would say I am more gender nonconforming in presentation now than I was as a child.

I've the feeling of being in between regarding my sexuality, my gender and my romantic orientation.

Archived