New witch community?

SwirlyKitten

SwirlyKitten

I recently left a witch discord after people discussed sex magic in an open non-NSFW channel. I pointed out to the mod that minors were allowed in the server and there was nothing to stop minors from stumbling upon the channel (like I did, though I'm not a minor). The mod shrugged it off. I prompt left that disgusting server, though I did have some intriguing discussions with some of the people there.

I haven't been on here in like a year, but I thought this would be the best place to ask if anyone knows of a good ace-y witch discord. It doesn't have to be for asexuals specifically, but the mods have to do their job, especially if there's minors involved.

^_^ Hi. Do you mean something like the Wiccan Aces thread in the Intersectionality Forum?

There's also this thread in the Off-Topic forum, about another member looking to talk to other witches.

As stated, we have a few intersectionality posts on asexuality and witchcraft. But for better or for worse, witch communities often involve sexual magic and practices in some way. Witchcraft is meant to be freeing for women, and being "sex positive" (and very vocal about sex) often goes hand in hand with that. I think you will be hard pressed to find a witch community that is also asexual, though I would recommend searching Tumblr, as it has a fairly extensive witchy network.

SwirlyKitten

I don't care if there's sex magic, just it's not shoved in minors' (and other unwilling people's) faces. That's why discord allows you to have various channels and label them. Not the topic of this thread, but I've already done a bit of research into the psychological harm America's new "liberated sex" trend does to young women.

Archived