I came out to my cousin!

I'm Ace I guess

I'm Ace I guess

I saw one of my really close cousins today, and we were just walking and talking, as we often do. I was ranting about homophobia and hatred of the LGBTQ+ community in general, which she doesn't know too much about. I was kind of explaining what different orientations meant and why it was so important to be respectful and welcoming of people regardless of their sexual orientations. Then I kind of started hinting that I wasn't completely straight, and eventually told her that I was asexual, and explained what that means for me and why the label is so important to me. She was very respectful and open-minded, which was really nice, seeing as she's the first person I've really come out to.

My best friend in the world is coming to visit soon, and I really want to come out to her. We are very close, and we tend to tell each other everything. I'm almost positive she will be accepting, but obviously I've been nervous. It was nice to come out to my cousin first because I feel like my cousin was more likely to react badly than my friend is.

Any tips for coming out to friends/coming out stories?

Taylor Lilith

It's really late...or early depending. I'll just comment to remind myself to do this when I get up. 

Also 

Is there a coming out thread?  I feel there should be =3

Wow, congrats! It's scary the first time, but it sounds like you have it pretty well handled. I think most of my coming out stories have either started with vents about society disrespecting the lgbtq+ community (two of my best friends) or fictional aces (my brother). I'd say maybe try to make sure she's informed a little about what asexuality is and isn't, but like I said, you seem to know what you're doing. Best of luck!

Archived