Rate the Song Above You

Guest member25959

8/10 - I like the style.

Katarina Gertje

6/10-  The song's nice, but I don't plan on listening to it again.

8/10 for this one.

--

Twisted Tempest

5/10- The beginning was really good, but it lost it going past that. It's not to say it was bad, but aside from the start, I just couldn't get into it. 

• 6 months later...

5/10 The beginning was ok, but I couldn't really get over the monotone voice, but that's ironic considering I am monotone in nature.

I don't listen to that for the lyrics, but I find the music calming with the sweet voice.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lady Constellation

7.5/10. Added a half point for the music video. 

• 2 weeks later...

6.5/10. There were some nice little bits in the instruments here and there

6/10. Something about the way the disjointedness is executed just isn't really my cup of Pepsi.

• 7 months later...

I'd give a 8/10 - I really like the instrumental part!

Note: the music video has fake blood and this might be unsettling for some.

Spoiler

8/10
 I like the mix of the genres! Not something I would listen to myself as a choice, but it's enjoyable when it comes from someone else (I don't know if I'm clear? Like I find it definitely nice, overall a positive appreciation in itself but does not match my moods in terms of music, but it's not something I'd feel forced to listen to if someone played it or sent it to me)

• 1 month later...

7.5/10

What is that smoke in the video? Is somebody hiding out of view of the camera smoking a cigarette, or is something on fire?

• 2 months later...
Mystxx uwu

6.5 - It's calming and sounds nice in it's own way, I personally don't align with the lyrics (even if I am a Christian myself) and it's too calming to the point that I feel a bit anxious listening to it tbh lmao. Either way, it all goes down to personal preferences

• Like 2

7/10 Not really my type of music but it is quite funny; especially since its representation of the internet was very accurate. Also, the music is catchy, I like that!

• Like 1

8/10 I've heard so many good things about the game and its music, and I can see why :) I like the general sound a lot; why I don't give it a higher score is because it's a bit too 'repetitive' for my general tastes, and I think there maybe was something more I gave it a markdown for but I can't remember.... I blame it on the heat 😅

Note: It's an animated video, but it has blood and other potentially disturbing visuals as well as pretty dark lyrics

Spoiler

• Like 2

9/10, note that I am extraordinarily biased  

😂

It took me a few listens after it came out to warm up to it, but a couple days ago I listened to it for the third time and that was when it clicked for me. Existential banger. The only reason it’s not a 10 is just because I don’t have much of a personal connection with it, on a lyrical or musical level. Like I can feel and appreciate the emotion in it, but it just doesn’t speak to me on a deeper level like other Mafu songs do. Which isn’t the song’s fault of course, that’s completely a me thing, and I don’t completely understand it myself. A little part of me also kind of wishes there were more lyrics where the screams are. 

Here’s the weirdest song I could think of for this thread:

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

6/10. It's alright, kinda relaxing but not really my thing.

• 1 month later...

10/10 :D 

I've listened to a few songs by Beast in Black and I really like that brand of electronica-infused danceable rock. That was my first listen of that particular song but it was another banger :D 

From me

7/10. Not my particular style of music, but the group clearly has talent.

My song:

• Like 1

5/10. It definitely wasn’t what I normally listen to, and I would skip it if it showed up on my YouTube music queue. But the vocals were impressive 

• 4 months later...

7/10 Not I song I'd usually listen to but it was good and kind of cinematic.

Here is the one I'm sharing:

• 2 weeks later...

@minkewhale Not something I would normally discover on my own, because I don't tend to listen to this type of music, but I enjoyed the minimal arrangement, the piano elements and the language (even though I only understood some isolated words and phrases). I'll look into the artist some more 8/10 :)

From me a new single from an album that is about to drop in February :D 

• 1 month later...

9/10 - I didn't know what to expect, and I liked very much what I heard!! I'll definitely come back to listen more.

• 2 weeks later...

@Yui-Drakon The intro is totally my jam from 2021 when I would listen to The Hu on a massive scale. I wonder if they had anything to do with it musically? I have no idea how distinct one throat singer's voice is from another, so I wouldn't be able to tell. The female vocals are great too :D 10/10 :D 

Frome me: (I wanted to post this song in another thread, but I can't find it, so here it goes :D )

• Like 1