confused

iwannasleep

iwannasleep

I don't really know if i'm asexual. I tried to bring up the subject once but i was told I was too young. Am I? I don't interact with other people much, but I think I heard some people my age talking about having sex and whatnot. I could just be depressed and lonely. I don't know. 

I do know I can't masturbate, I get uncomfortable if I try. But I don't know if that's evidence. If I do have sexual dreams, I'm never involved, if that makes sense, and I don't really like thinking about it or sex in general, it seems kind of gross and too personal. I'm still doubtful. It could be a lot of other things, I might not be asexual. I just want to find out, i'm so confused.

I don't think I was interested before, but I don't want to be wrong about myself.  It doesn't help that I've never had a crush before.

I wish I had the answer. Or some sort of clue. 

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@iwannasleep Firstly, hello! Welcome to heAVEN! Have some :cake:

If you're at the age where your peers are talking about sexual stuff, but you still aren't interested, I would call it safe to call yourself asexual. Also, people might tell you you're too young to know because they may not know much about asexuality and will think it's a 'phase.' Listen to yourself over anyone else, though. I hope this helps.

Welcome to AVEN!

From what you're saying, it sounds like you probably are asexual.

But if you decide to change labels later on, that's fine.

SnickersGetSomeNoots

I started to believe i was asexual when i was 11 and i was always told the same. "That'll change when you get older". It was as if people thought they knew more about me than I did. 5 years down the line that still hasn't changed for me. The fact you're looking into a label would suggest you relate to it to some extent so if you don't experience sexual attraction to anyone chances are you are asexual but only you can define yourself for sure. Even if they are right and when you do get older things change labels aren't set in stone. I was once told sexuality is like the moon. The moon goes through phases all the time in fact its something different everyday but just because it's not the same today doesn't mean it was lying about being the moon yesterday. If you feel like right now this is how you identify don't let anyone tell you otherwise :) finding your identity can be a long path for some people but the easiest thing you can do is go with the label you feel most comfortable with now (alternatively don't label yourself and just be yourself its completely your decision) i hope this helps and if anyone tells you that you're "too young" throw cake at them 🍰🍰🍰

Anthracite_Impreza

From the other side of the argument, both my closest friends didn't get interested in sex until their 20s, so I wouldn't dedicate to a label too closely if you're still young. You may be better off just saying you're not currently interested and might never be.

Hi @iwannasleep🍰

As frustrating as it is to be confused, I think it's okay not to know for sure what your sexual orientation is. If an asexual label works for you now, that's okay. If things change, that's okay too.

Spaceunicorn

@iwannasleep I'm new at being asexual but from what i know about being asexual it sounds like you're asexual repulsed. And about the masturbating situation i used to feel uncomfortable just thinking about it but when i started getting the signs of being asexual i thought to myself well since sex is not something i like i am gonna have to masturbate because if i don't then it'll be bad for my health. If you think about the positive side there's nothing embarrassing about it's apart of life and health. And it's not like anyone will see it happening.

Archived