One Day At A Time

SamiLynn

Okay so I'm taking this one day at a time.  I've told two of my friends so far that I'm Asexual and they both are really cool with it.  My friend Jeremy is actually gay and married so I kind of already knew that he would totally be okay with.  We've have been friends since practically forever so I wasn't too nervous about telling him, he's like a brother to me.  My other friend I had met online and we have been talking to each other for a few years now and I knew I could trust her with this she was the first person I told and she's known for a little while now.  I must say that I am feeling a little less nervous about telling my family.  The only person in my family I'm really worried about having a problem with it is my oldest sister and what she thinks isn't going to matter too much to me as long as I know who really cares about me

pigeonchicken

@Samantha Mosher great! It sounds like you've told lots of people and are getting more confident with each person you tell. If your sister is disrespectful at first, it could just be that she doesn't understand. When you've told her (if you do that is, it's up to you) you could try and explain exactly what your sexual and romantic feelings are and how they're different and similar to hers. If she's still unwilling to accept you after that, then that's not down to you, that's her fault.

But good job on coming out to so many people! Good luck!

Archived