"What Asexuals Want You To Know About Being Ace"

Penguin.

Spoiler

BuzzFeed posted a QueerVision video about asexuality. I appreciate the representation, but I've got to say the comment section made me want to curl up and die. Every BS response you've ever heard all in one location. 

Asexuality is reproducing without sex. Not possible for humans. 

Who cares if you don't want to have sex? Why do you need a label for that?

It must be a chemical imbalance. 

There is no such thing as asexuality. I should know, I study biology. 

Sex is a part of every human life. These people are lying for attention. 

Etc., Etc., Etc.

I don't know why I even bothered reading the comment section. 😞🙉

1 minute ago, Penguin. said:

I don't know why I even bothered reading the comment section. 😞 🙉

Never read the comments, all Trolls, no Dragons. Thanks for sharing the video!

NickyTannock

I assumed there was a link to the video in your spoiler tag, but it's empty?

Never. Read. The comments.

I didn't even think to link the video. 😂 Oops. I'm on a mobile device and didn't mean to add the spoiler box. 

• 2 weeks later...
Sweet Potato

(off to see the comments due to morbid curiosity)

Good luck, Sweet Potato. It isn't pretty. 

Bronztrooper
50 minutes ago, Sweet Potato said:

If there was a link handy, I'd probably do the same.

Sweet Potato

https://www.facebook.com/queervisionbuzzfeed/videos/what-asexuals-want-you-to/960487817457064/

Way to many people who go with the Asexual that they learned about in biology instead of psycology
lots of "to ugly to date is not an identity"

a hint of "I still dont get it, someone explain"
a ton of "if a person has sex they are not asexual"

and a small army of aces combating these things point by point.

Bronztrooper
30 minutes ago, Sweet Potato said:

https://www.facebook.com/queervisionbuzzfeed/videos/what-asexuals-want-you-to/960487817457064/

Way to many people who go with the Asexual that they learned about in biology instead of psycology
lots of "to ugly to date is not an identity"

a hint of "I still dont get it, someone explain"
a ton of "if a person has sex they are not asexual"

and a small army of aces combating these things point by point.

We need a new A Team.

A for Asexual.  :ph34r:

It's comment like these that remind me why I don't want to tell the rest of my family about my asexuality. I had a convo with my uncle about two weeks ago that somehow brought up transgender, polysexuals, and pansexuals. The whole conversation he just refereed to transgender as trannies and how fucked up they must be not to know their sex, that it was something that was just made up. After he referred to polysexuals and pansexuals as open for anything people who sleep around and when I pointed out statistical facts and historical facts to debunk his comment he said I couldn't take a joke. Then he asked why I was defending them so harshly and if "I had anything I wanted to tell him". Like really, so if I defend lgbt+ stuff I am automatically that orientation. When I know this is how my family would react to those more well known sexual and gender orientation I am in no rush to bring up asexuality. Probably next time someone asks me why I am not dating anyone instead of saying "I haven't met the right person" or "that I am to busy" Ill just say "I am not interested in dating". This way if they somehow figure out of my asexuality they won't have the met the right person thought stuck in their head...

Wow. I consider myself extremely lucky that when I told my friends and family I’m ace, not only did they accept it immediately, they mostly understood it. I’ve had to explain to my friends that action =\= attraction, and that while some of us are nonlibidoists not all of us are, but other than that, I haven’t really had to deal with disbelief and insulting questions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:51 PM, Sweet Potato said:

Fair warning: They're so toxic, you might end up with radiation poisoning.

Honestly I like to thing most of the close minded people are just in information overload and it's easier to stick with what they know. For instance, I can see how everything is on a spectrum, from gender to sexual attraction and orientation, but to say I understand and sympathize with all of them is nearly impossible. Instead I stick with this is who I am, and as long as you're not harming someone else, do your thing. Others can't accept things not fitting in a neat box

Wow, the comment section turned out to be really toxic. I liked the video a lot though. 

Man seriously brutal comments 😰 where did they find these people

4 hours ago, Noko42 said:

Man seriously brutal comments 😰 where did they find these people

Its called "the Internet" and its full of them 😕

Archived