Would I not be asexual because of this?

I was pretty sure I was ace but, and it’s only happened once, I’ve masturbated while thinking of someone. It was someone I once had a sexual dream about and I tried it but I’ve still never felt sexually attracted to anyone and am kind of sex repulsed. Another thing is I’ve had sexual dreams about people I’m very close with, does this mean I’m not ace?

I've had weird sexual dreams before about people I was close with but usually when I wake up I felt gross about it. Sometimes when I masturbate someone I know might slip into my mind but then it kinda fades back to people with no identities. I wouldn't worry to much about sexual dreams invalidating your asexuality those kinda just happen. Dreams are dreams there just weird lol. Really it just comes down to if you have been sexually attracted to someone before, so I would say your still ace. 

Bronztrooper

Fantasies and masturbation aren't really indicators of sexual attraction.  If you see said person in front of you and don't feel a desire to have sex with them, then you're likely still asexual.

In my case, the only real fantasies (as in, those that would randomly pop into my mind- which never coincided with masturbation in my case) I've had only really involved more sensual stuff and only involved people I felt a substantial amount of romantic attraction towards (first was a crush I had in 7th grade and the second was my girlfriend when I was in my senior year of high school).  And now that I think about it, all of the sexual dreams I've had in which I'm a participant had an odd lack of identification for both myself and the partner in said dream.  What I mean by that is I never see the partner's face and what I see of 'myself' doesn't really feel like it's me.  It feels more like I'm seeing the act through the perspective of someone else.

As for masturbation, my mind naturally goes blank so fantasies just... don't occur during that period of time.  Trying to imagine anything/anyone in particular just puts unnecessary mental effort into it.

But that's just me.  I can't claim to speak for others in that regard.

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@em54 Did you feel sexual attraction towards the person about whom you dreamt? Also, if you're still grossed out by sex, I'd say you're likely still ace.

Duke Memphis

Dreams are weird.

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
11 hours ago, em54 said:

I’m am VERY NOT attracted to them, like disgusted I’d even think of them like that.

Then I would say you're ace.

• Like 2
On 7/14/2018 at 12:27 AM, em54 said:

I was pretty sure I was ace but, and it’s only happened once, I’ve masturbated while thinking of someone. It was someone I once had a sexual dream about and I tried it but I’ve still never felt sexually attracted to anyone and am kind of sex repulsed. Another thing is I’ve had sexual dreams about people I’m very close with, does this mean I’m not ace?

You may be grey-asexual. That’s just my thoughts tho :)