Stupid Things People Say When You Come Out

glitchberry

SlargTheGnome
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, lexilovely said:

"How do you know if you've never had sex?" (How do you know you don't like sleeping with men if you've never tried that?)

If someone ever says this to me, my response will be "How do you know you wouldn't like being hit by a truck if it's never happened to you?"

Probably the most insulting thing someone has said about me was in college when my friend told a classmate I was ace and he just said "Well she was probably abused as a child."  Like, while I was standing right there.

margot-rain

"Someday someone will come and sweep you off your feet!" What is this, a fairytale? I don't want to be swept, thank you very much, I like my feet firmly on the ground. 

To Each Their Own

A male friend said to me, “I just want to crawl up your vagina and see what’s going on in there.” 

Anthracite_Impreza
9 minutes ago, To Each Their Own said:

A male friend said to me, “I just want to crawl up your vagina and see what’s going on in there.” 

Wtf??? I would be seriously reconsidering going anywhere near this guy.

To Each Their Own
45 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Wtf??? I would be seriously reconsidering going anywhere near this guy.

I know. Right?

1 hour ago, To Each Their Own said:

That's one of the most bizarre euphemisms for having sex I've ever heard. 

To Each Their Own
41 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

That's one of the most bizarre euphemisms for having sex I've ever heard. 

Is that what it was?  I thought he said that because he was implying It was all dried up or something crazy like that. 

Spoilered to be on the safe side 

Spoiler

The urethral opening of the penis is colloquially known as either "the eye", or "the Jap's eye", the crawling is the insertion of the penis into the vagina, 

To Each Their Own
10 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Spoilered to be on the safe side 

Reveal hidden contents

The urethral opening of the penis is colloquially known as either "the eye", or "the Jap's eye", the crawling is the insertion of the penis into the vagina, 

🤮😯

Here’s an encounter I’ve had twice:

them:  “so you don’t want to fuck people”

me:  “pretty much”

them:  “...what about animals?”

me:  ?!?!??????

Sweet Potato
5 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Here’s an encounter I’ve had twice:

them:  “so you don’t want to fuck people”

me:  “pretty much”

them:  “...what about animals?”

me:  ?!?!??????

WHAT! so, sexual attraction to animals is more normal than Asexuality. wow.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:23 PM, To Each Their Own said:

That's quite possibly one of the creepiest things I've ever heard.

I also remember explaining the difference between sexual and romantic attraction to my mom when I came out. This was met with "Oh no, it was more than that" in a really condescending tone. No one gets to tell me whether or not I experience sexual attraction. You may not believe me, but you certainly don't get to 'knowingly' tell me that I was sexually attracted to people. I get to decide that.

To Each Their Own
15 minutes ago, Dr. Beat said:

That's quite possibly one of the creepiest things I've ever heard.

Ok…so it’s not just me being overly sensitive. Good to know. 😉

One guy replied with "That's prescious, you're so innocent!"

When my mum told my dad that I'm ace (without my permission, thanks mum), he apparently asked if " she... you know... touches herself?" Which is really fucking weird and something I didn't want to know that he thought about. 

here_on_the_morrow

"Okay, you don't need it, but why deny yourself the fun?"

Sigh. Not a denial for me. 

To Each Their Own
16 hours ago, Rhyme said:

One guy replied with "That's prescious, you're so innocent!"

When my mum told my dad that I'm ace (without my permission, thanks mum), he apparently asked if " she... you know... touches herself?" Which is really fucking weird and something I didn't want to know that he thought about. 

Ugh! Why would ANY parent want to know that? 

And yes, I agree. I wouldn’t want to know if my parents were curious to know that about me, either. 

Sweet Potato
18 hours ago, Rhyme said:

Ew! parents should not be curious about the details of their children's sexual  habits. gross!

I just got “dude you a bloody guy that sh*t doesn’t happen to us” and “OMG your a f*cking virgin that’s funny” and that’s why I have only told two people.

(NotSo)DirtyDiana

A year ago when I was first reading about this stuff, I confessed to my parents that I felt it could describe me (cannot remember how I even got into the conversation), and my dad just said, "OK, good for you, but I don't believe in it. People are straight or gay, you can't be anything else and people are just making up words, it's stupid nonsense." He doesn't agree with homosexuality and thinks something went wrong in homosexual people. It set him off on a bit of a rant. Interestingly, my mum is pro-homosexuality but anti-bisexuality. I can't expect them to understand asexuality and its umbrella terms... 

Haven't told my friends yet. Pretty sure they would ask to see if I've got something down there. 

Accept Myself Challenge

CAn yOu GeT hOrnY

"Have you had your hormones checked?" - both GPs I told before they then checked my hormones. Upside, two blood tests agree it's not my hormones.

"Have you been abused?" - both counselors I told. Nope.

Conversely the three people in my life that I have told have; hugged me, spoke with me long into the night about how they accept me fully (even when I sometimes have trouble accepting myself) and one even married me.

@Alex_S, to be fair "have you had your hormones checked" is actually a reasonable question for a medical practitioner to ask. Hyposecretion of testosterone/oestrogen can cause a lack of interest/desire

"Oh, you haven't met the right person. Once you do, everything'll be different." -Friend who was trying to matchmake.

"Huh? That's not a real thing." - A sibling.

Do not get me started on my parents. I've never been more frustrated with the subject of biology in my life.

“Come on were going to the brothel that will fix you” what a great friend (sarcasm)

*in the most annoying tone* "That was a joke, get over it already! Don't take everything so seriously, you're too naive." 

Tasha the demi squirrel

I've had a couple of mixed responces to coming out as Aroflux Demisexual.....my Mum says she fully accepts me even though she's made comments like "that will change" "you don't know what you're missing" and of course the annoying classic "you just haven't met the right one yet" also when we were watching tv and I complained about a sexual scene (I know not everyone on the Ace spectrum is uncomfortable with sexual content on tv but I am) she dismissed my discomfort by sayng  "I didn't like these scenes at your age either" I obviously was annoyed and said it's nothing to do with age. I'm sure she doesn't fully understand even though she claims to but I can't be bothered to try explaining again.

my Brother initially said he thought that was beautiful (I assume he meant the concept of getting to know someone and building a bond instead of just rushing into it) but he did ask if it was to do with hormones (knowing that Turner syndrome means my hormones are lower) to which I said no but to be honest I wish I had thought to say to him that I think the medication I'm on actually proves that Demisexuality isn't a hormone problem because surly if it was the medication would "fix it" my brother also laughed at my discomfort with sexual content on tv calling it "childish" 

When my mum randomly asked me to explain Demisexuality to a friend who is like family to us I was a little surprised my mum said "sorry if I've embarrassed you" to which I said "I'm not embarrased I just didn't know you were going to mention it" I explained Demisexuality and our friend at fist she questioned if it was a choice but when I explained how it differs from celibacy she understood I also explained Aroflux which she understood and she said she's happy for me that I've found where I belong as she had always noticed that I was different (it was obvious the word different was not meant negatively so I saw this as a positive response)

Sorry for how long this post is but I wanted to say not all responses are negative because as well as the mixed responses I've had positive responses the first person I came out to was my little Sister her response was basically along the lines of "to each thier own noone should feel judged for something like that"

Most people I've come out to have asked what it means then when I've explained have pretty much simply said "ok" 

As I said in my post about Eastbourne pride I met a new friend who writes and 1 of her characters is Demisexual 

The other day a colleague noticed I was wearing the asda Pride lanyard and seemed to assume I was an ally when I said I am part of the LGBTQ+ community as a Demisexual and explained what that means he said "welcome to the family" 

Some of the comments I got-

- "I am asexual at times too."

- "Maybe it's because of your trauma" or "You should meet more guys."

Also once, I made a sexual joke, and this person doubted my asexuality, which lead to me doubting my asexuality. 

"does that mean u like having sex with dogs?" 

the worst part was that MULTIPLE ppl asked that not just one

Archived