What am I?

ThatOneConfusedPotato

ThatOneConfusedPotato

I don't feel like I have a gender. I go by they/ them pronouns, but let my parents use she/her pronouns because I'm to afraid to come out to them. So what I'm asking is what gender would I fit into to? I used say I was genderfluid but started questioning if I was non binary and now I'm confused. Any help is apperciated. Thanks in advance.

Celyn: The Lutening

Nonbinary is a valid label, you don't feel like you have to be anything more specific. But this:

1 hour ago, ThatOneConfusedPotato said:

I don't feel like I have a gender.

Sounds like agender. Which is exactly that - people who don't have a gender.

Either nonbinary (someone who doesn't identify as exclusively masculine or feminine) or like @Celyn said, Agender, which is when you don't feel like you have a gender. You can always research both and see which one you feel you identify with.

Here are some options for you to consider:

Neutrois or Third Gender: 1) Experiencing a gender that is neither man nor woman, nor a combination of the two. Rather, neutrois people often describe it as a "third" gender completely, or a "neutral" gender. However, this is a gender, and is not to be confused with genderless or agender (below).
2) Sometimes used synonymously with agender, though not usually on AVEN.

Maverique: A term coined by Queer As Cat as discussed by them here, to distinguish from the second definition of neutrois, above. Maverique is a gender that is characterized by an inner conviction in one's gender, and a complete independence from male/masculinity, female/femininity, or anything that derives from them including neutrality.

Genderless or Agender: A state of not identifying with any gender; a person with no conscious gender identity. Such an individual may or may not experience dysphoria about their body, or a desire to transition or express their gender in a non-binary way.

Anthracite_Impreza

If you don't feel you have a gender at all I'd say agender. I feel the same.

Janus the Fox

Feel about the same way myself, it often a genderqueer, non-binary, genderfluid, trans area of mine, often go by Agender for simplicity.

Archived