Not Sure If It Would Count

Okay so I'm not entirely sure If I've ever felt felt sexual attraction.  I know that arousal isn't the same thing.  I don't have much in the way of experience as far relationships go and I'm still a virgin.  I only ever had one real serious boyfriend and didn't feel the need to have sex with him.  Yeah sure I had thought he was good looking, but it's not like I felt some overwhelming desire to rip his clothes off.  Yet I will admit I have totally had fantasies about certain celebrities I might find good looking, but I personally don't feel like that would count because in reality it would never happen.  I could be wrong though maybe some people would count it.

Bronztrooper

I'm pretty sure that fantasies don't really count for or against the possibility of being asexual.  It's more like trying to imagine doing something you don't really want to do.

For example, I've occasionally tried to imagine what it would be like to skydive, but that doesn't mean that I actually want to try it.

It's not a perfect analogy, I know, but I hope it gets the point across.

• Like 1

@Bronztrooper  That does actually help clear things up a bit when put like that.  I see it like that too.  Just because you may think about something doesn't mean you actually want to do it.

• Like 1
Bronztrooper
6 minutes ago, Samantha Mosher said:

@Bronztrooper  That does actually help clear things up a bit when put like that.  I see it like that too.  Just because you may think about something doesn't mean you actually want to do it.

Honestly, the only fantasies I've ever had with people irl primarily involved either my girlfriend from my senior year of highschool and focused exclusively on kissing her on the lips (never about 'making out' and I don't think it was ever about French kissing either) or a crush I had in 7th grade which involved stuff like hugging and cuddling.  Then again, said crush only really formed because I'd been dealing with a lot of kids picking on me for several years beforehand at a few different schools and she was the only person who actually stood up for me, so maybe that doesn't completely count?

Bronztrooper

@Samantha Mosher

I'm pretty sure it's different for everyone.  In my case, it seems that I only really have fantasies about people I feel a substantial amount of romantic (and sensual, I think) attraction towards.