sexually confuzzled

no-longer-in-use

no-longer-in-use

So, I have romantic crushes a lot, but I've never felt sexual attraction to anyone. I have a libido and can get aroused, but imagining myself taking part in sexual activities is disgusting and uncomfortable. It's like sex is only attractive on the fantasy level, but once it gets too real, I don't find it attractive anymore.

I honestly don't know if I would want to engage in sexual activity with anyone in the future, I might consider it if we had a stable relationship, and I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but the idea of me partaking in sex is still kind of disgusting/unsettling to me, so maybe I'm asexual? I don't know. I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give.

(I'd appreciate it if nobody responds by just saying "labels are poo" because I've already heard that argument a lot and it doesn't answer the question I'm asking here.)

If you don't desire partnered sex then you can definitely feel free to consider yourself ace. Some people in your place might also use the label aegosexual, but of course that's up to you.

• Like 1

Autochorissexuality, my girl. You just described me word-for-word apart from the attraction to women. I'm quite partial to gay erotica because it doesn't involve women and there no danger of self-insert because I do not like to envision myself involved in sexual activity whatsoever, though I'm interested in the abstract idea of it.

It's a mess.

• Like 1
no-longer-in-use
1 minute ago, Grimalkin said:

Autochorissexuality, my girl. You just described me word-for-word apart from the attraction to women. I'm quite partial to gay erotica because it doesn't involve women and there no danger of self-insert because I do not like to envision myself involved in sexual activity whatsoever, though I'm interested in the abstract idea of it.

It's a mess.

I have heard of autochorissexuality/aegosexuality, and that description definitely describes me for the time being. What's keeping me from identifying as fully ace is the fact that I'm not sure if I would be open to sex in the future, because I'm only a teenager, so I don't know if I'm just sexually immature or something.

5 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

I have heard of autochorissexuality/aegosexuality, and that description definitely describes me for the time being. What's keeping me from identifying as fully ace is the fact that I'm not sure if I would be open to sex in the future, because I'm only a teenager, so I don't know if I'm just sexually immature or something.

Try not to worry about that. I used to think I was 100% ace but that did change and guess what? Doesn't make me any less valid.

Wear the shoe that fits now, and if you grow out of it later that's okay too. :cake:

• Like 1
no-longer-in-use
2 minutes ago, > 2 said:

Try not to worry about that. I used to think I was 100% ace but that did change and guess what? Doesn't make me any less valid.

Wear the shoe that fits now, and if you grow out of it later that's okay too. :cake:

That was actually really helpful, thank you! :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Coddiwomple said:

That was actually really helpful, thank you! :)

You're welcome! ^_^