Can a hetero-sexual person be homo-romantic?

Phalena

I don't know if this makes any sense... Or if it has been asked before. Maybe you have a good a answer to this? So, the question is if there are people who would only bed the other sex but only fall in love with the own (or the other way around). Or would only bi-romantic be possible in this case?

It's totally possible! You don't have to be homosexual and homoromantic or heterosexual and heteroromantic, etc. You can mix and match any -sexuals with any -romantics.

NickyTannock

Yes, a Heterosexual can be Homoromantic.

Funnily enough, I think that's what a Bromance is, and metaphorical sisters.

everywhere and nowhere

Yes. And it seems like recognition of romantic attraction as something separate by the asexual community was required to give people a language for speaking about this kind of experience.

But of course! I've seen people over here experiencing that.

Yes, this is referred to as cross-orientations. Some interested data on this phenomenon from sexual respondents to the 2014 asexual community census:

"Many people have non-correspondent sexual and romantic orientation labels, and we say that these people have “cross-orientations” or “mismatched orientations”... In total, there were almost 800 non-ace respondents with cross-orientations, as compared to 10,869 ace respondents." 

https://asexualcensus.wordpress.com/2014/11/17/cross-orientations-among-non-aces/

On 7/12/2018 at 6:21 PM, MichaelTannock said:

Yes, a Heterosexual can be Homoromantic.

Funnily enough, I think that's what a Bromance is, and metaphorical sisters.

Hm. Never heard this expression before. But sounds logical if I think of it.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, Pramana said:

Yes, this is referred to as cross-orientations. Some interested data on this phenomenon from sexual respondents to the 2014 asexual community census:

"Many people have non-correspondent sexual and romantic orientation labels, and we say that these people have “cross-orientations” or “mismatched orientations”... In total, there were almost 800 non-ace respondents with cross-orientations, as compared to 10,869 ace respondents." 

https://asexualcensus.wordpress.com/2014/11/17/cross-orientations-among-non-aces/

Thanks for the link! It was very helpful 💓

Archived