Puppers and Doggos

Pramana

Puppers and doggos are the new staples of online discourse. If you're out of the loop, see this NPR story for a partial explanation: 
https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/04/23/524514526/dogs-are-doggos-an-internet-language-built-around-love-for-the-puppers

So here's an invitation to post pictures of puppers and doggos (plus round cats, birbs, etc.). Here's a big ol' kitty (Pallas's cat or manul cat) to start off:

pallas-cat-manul-2__880.jpg

Is this supposed to be an ironic, anti-pet thread? If so, it's working. These pics of an angry, wild cat; a snake; and a Komodo dragon aren't convincing me to want a pet. :P

Oh, wow. I didn't know a dog could recover from an injury like that. I also thought it might change their personality, make them more aggressive and snappy towards everyone.

44 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Oh, wow. I didn't know a dog could recover from an injury like that. I also thought it might change their personality, make them more aggressive and snappy towards everyone.

Traumatic events in general can make dogs be aggressive and snappy (out of fear), but that's something you can train out of them most of the time, by getting them to trust you, and focus on you to the exclusion of everything around them; if you can maintain their attention, and they trust you to keep them safe, then you can keep control of them and make sure that their interactions with people and animals are positive ones.

If you can make those positive interactions their new normal, then great! And if not, then you can still exercise your control to make sure they don't act aggressively out of fear.

Anthracite_Impreza

Can we have squishies too?

h98EED95E

You have no idea how much that sinistral Grove snail weirds me out, it's like going to a country where they drive on the right 😐

https://twitter.com/leftysnail?lang=en

Anthracite_Impreza
7 minutes ago, Palovana said:

@Anthracite_Impreza Do snails even have eyes?

Yep, on land snails usually on the end of the eyestalks (the top "feelers"), on water snails usually underneath the "eyestalks" (which in their case are an extra set of feelers). All snails have poor vision though, they can make out blurred shapes but that's about it (which is why they usually end up poking things with their eyestalks).

ETA, snaily eye.

d9e011b9e39c30ede0b0280b7b025994.jpg

WTH is a birb?!

Anthracite_Impreza
10 minutes ago, Palovana said:

@Anthracite_Impreza Aww that's kind of cute, in a creepy alien way lol.

That is literally snails summed up in a sentence.

Member131995
22 hours ago, Camicon said:

Your doggos are a blessing that everyone should have the privilege of seeing! :D they made my night! Especially Marvin's adorable one ear up, one ear down pose! 😍

19 minutes ago, Nancy Esther said:

Your doggos are a blessing that everyone should have the privilege of seeing! :D they made my night! Especially Marvin's adorable one ear up, one ear down pose! 😍

I'm glad you like them. And yes, Marvin's floppy ear is adorable, but the sad story is that it's floppy because it was torn up by another dog prior to his being rescued. Poor guy had a really rough go of it before he was rescued.

But now he gets to do all sorts of silly Marvin things. Like stuff himself into a bed that was made for dogs one-sixth his size: 7eKzByT.jpg

... or snuggle a kitty:

GiGWrUu.jpg

... or smile into a sunbeam:

vQgCt5p.jpg

Member131995

@Camicon Awww, no! That is sad and I'm so sorry to hear that he had to go through that but he seems to be such a fighter and still so positive even after what he's endured! I'm so glad he was rescued and gets to be happy in his forever home! 😄

Anthracite_Impreza

Fat fwuffy birbs ❤️

Archived