204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have children?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Dunno.

This poll is closed to new votes

Nope, I'm profoundly allergic to kidlets, especially small ones with nappies 

Irishexilefighterpilot

I have a lot of misgivings about kids. I'm not really good with them but because I am more successful in relationships than my only brother (no sisters BTW!) and am very compassionate and intelligent and am always on hand to provide advice and support to everyone, I feel under enormous pressure to have kids, especially as my parents don't have any grandchildren and I am so good with animals

Please help

Irishexilefighterpilot

On top of which I am not a kids person and I had epilepsy in the past which I don't want any kid to inherit

I forget to feed my fish more often then I'd like to admit so feeding a human child....yeah no, it would die. Also, I can't do the whole "pretend game" cuz I have no creativity when it comes to that and no..just no

On 7/10/2018 at 4:15 PM, StormySky said:

Do pets count?? I don't think I could ever be a human parent. But dogs are lovely and I will spoil my future doggos rotten with love and affection!

I love my cats. I want to be a cat parent for most of my life.

Anthracite_Impreza

Proud parent to snaillets. Oh human children? Ew no.

To expand on my past response: I do not particularly like nor dislike children, and as far as wants go...no, I do not want to have children nor adopt them.

However, the world is a cold, awful place. And I might adopt one day purely to help another human being. I'd also readily adopt a robotic child if there was suddenly that needed in the world.

I love kids and kids love me, I hope to one day adopt a child, but I don't think that I'll ever have one of my own.

Bronztrooper

I thoroughly enjoy interacting with kids and I've wanted to have kids of my own for years and years now.  Seems like adoption would be my best bet, but then, I'm not looking to have kids right now (got a 2-year-old living with me and that's good enough for me atm) and even if I was interested in that possibility, it would be seriously stupid because of how things are going in my life atm.  At the very least, I don't have to worry about any 'surprises' in that aspect.

J. van Deijck

at this moment, I feel I don't want to have children at all.

J. van Deijck

ooh. but I'm also a dad to my kitty! does a cat count? :D

On 7/11/2018 at 12:31 AM, Homer said:

Tiny humans? Ew.

yup tiny hoomans :c

No. I am basically sex-repulsed and feel very repulsive toward the entire process of pregnancy and birth. Also, I am very uncomfortable around kids who are even three years younger than me! I just don't know what to do with them 

I don't like kids at all... someday I want to get a turtle though 🙂

I don't want children

Oh wow... I accidentally put “yes” because I’m so used to “no” being the second option. :’D Yikes.

Nope, I don’t want children. And if I did, I’d much rather adopt. The only children I want are fur babies.

helana12_03

Absolutely not

Fluffy Femme Guy

No, very no.

And I don't dislike children. I actually like kids. But I'm not cut out to be a parent at all. Giving up that much personal freedom would probably break me.

No.  I work with them, and that is fine.  I have no wish to be responsible for any as a parent.

SpaceDustbin

I don't have a burning desire to have children. Children have their moments, but it's nicer to look after them for a while and be able to give them back to their parents again ;)

I don't think I can cope with the responsibility. Plus, the history of pregnancy complications in my family is enough to be not very excited about that part either...

Before I got married I had no opinion about children.  I had no maternal instinct, didn't gush over babies or anything like that.  If I had been told we couldn't have children, I don't think I would have noticed. Then I had three. They're great, I love them but there was a time when I was completely neutral about it all.

Celyn: The Lutening

I saw a magnet today that said "Children are like dogs, only more expensive and love you less." And that exactly sums up my feelings on parenthood.

@Skycaptain & @Celyn & others....your responses are hilarious  :D   I totally understand people never wanting to have children...childbirth is disgusting (sorry, just nothing pleasant about that at all) - and the responsibility that comes with a baby - wow.  Looking back I don't know how I kept my sanity  (oh, wait, maybe I didn't 😁)

I never planned on getting married - never planned on having a child.  It all just kind of happened when I was WAY too young  LOL   They love you, then "hate" you, then try to pretend you don't exist, then they can't imagine life without you.   Parenthood is the roller coaster from hell.  I have a 26yr old daughter - shocked I kept her alive long enough to become a wonderful person - no major problems & made it through college, has a good job, got married & is now considering making me a grandmother (perhaps by adoption, unsure??) 😮 

(Not to sound corny ... but she truly is the light of my life)

(yes, I am old  :D )

artisticGryfess

adopted, sure

my own biological kids?? heck naw i dont want any part of that

I'd love kids.
I doubt I'll ever have one though: I'm asexual, not really looking for a relationship (I'm not aromantic, however I'm quite "difficult"), can't adopt here (only heterosexual couples can adopt, and even they find many difficulties), couldn't afford to go abroad to a sperm bank, probably not even with my family support... and if I ever did something like that I'm pretty sure my family would cut any ties with me, so...

at this point in my life no. and doesn't look promising in the future. at one point yes. I actually love kids. Other peoples kids especially cause I can send them home

No I get frustrated enough as it is being left with my niece for 5 minutes by myself, there's no way I could cope with My own child.

White Raven

I am not a kid person. So no. I plan to have my tubes tied when I'm 30 because my gyno literally won't let me right now (6yrs away). Because if I ever did end up accidently pregnant and actually wanted to have sex/ended up in a bad situation and got pregnant I would be getting an abortion ASAP. Being pregnant to me sounds like having a alien parasite in your body feeding off you then ripping out of your body when its done.

Absolutely not. For me, I can't think of anything worse 

I'm currently trying to get a hysterectomy or at the very least my tubes tied but it's so hard because I'm so young

21 hours ago, White Raven said:

I am not a kid person. So no. I plan to have my tubes tied when I'm 30 because my gyno literally won't let me right now (6yrs away). Because if I ever did end up accidently pregnant and actually wanted to have sex/ended up in a bad situation and got pregnant I would be getting an abortion ASAP. Being pregnant to me sounds like having a alien parasite in your body feeding off you then ripping out of your body when its done.

I've never seen something more relatable in my life...

Archived