204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have children?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Dunno.

This poll is closed to new votes

White Raven
1 hour ago, Mae__ said:

I've never seen something more relatable in my life...

I'm extremely blunt so yeah that's my full view.😆

here_on_the_morrow

Do i want to give birth? No way. Do i maybe want to foster or adopt one day? Perhaps. 

andreas1033

No, i am glad i always knew it too. I knew at 12-13 i never wanted this sort of thing, and that was due to be knowing i was always going to be asexual, and i am glad, i was asexual, and it stopped me, from bringing someone into this rotten world.

I don't ever plan to have kids, for a myriad of reasons...

1. I am easily overwhelmed, and I have absolutely no idea how some women hold down a job and raise kids at the same time. I can barely hold down just a job, adding kids to the mix sounds like i would end up having a breakdown. 

2.I'm terrified of pregnancy and adoption is expensive and such a difficult process. 

3.im both terrible with babies and don't necessarily like them either 

4.Even as a 20-something I am a very low energy individual and need my quiet and space. A kid wanting to play tag and Chase me around all day would likely cause a total breakdown on my part. After work/socializing I need to come home and decompress by myself. That's not a want, it's a need, and it's for my mental health. Kids don't have an off switch. 

5.I find taking care of my fish and my plants to be hard sometimes, if I truly don't have the energy to after working all day. 

6. I don't hate life or anything and I'm not a horribly dark person....but i feel there is so much suffering in the world and most of the time i think the sad times outweigh the good times. 

7.There are already way too many people on this Earth 

8.Kids are expensive, and while I could afford them I would rather spend money on other things, hopefully that's not a selfish thought! 

9. One of my siblings plans to have kids and we are very close. I think being a caring aunt would fill the void for me :)

10. I simply never desired it. I've never dreamt of a husband and kids and a white picket fence like most girls, I guess. All I want is a deep friendship/platonic relationship with someone I care about, maybe a shared cat between us, and to be a cool aunt. That's sounds like a good life to me :)

if i ever change my mind, I think i would adopt maybe one older child because the older kids often get passed over and i would want to give an older child a chance too. But as of now I'm happy to believe I'll be child free. 

I want to adopt! 😊

When I was younger I remember saying "If I have kids I'm gonna adopt!" To my mother multiple times.

1. Childbirth looks terrifying and There's no way I'm gonna go through that

2. Im 100% ace 😄

im either gonna adopt or not have kids at this point idk im only 15 though, so I still have plenty of time to think about it

I wouldn't want to give birth, but maybe I would adopt, like in case it's some close family member or he/she/they just fit in...

Jacqueline_PT

I'd like to adopt a kid (from Africa, or something) and NOT to have one of my own flesh and blood.

I'd like to have a co-parenting non-sexual non-romantic scheme with somebody, to raise that kid. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 5:20 PM, LadyBear said:

I'd love kids.
I doubt I'll ever have one though: I'm asexual, not really looking for a relationship (I'm not aromantic, however I'm quite "difficult"), can't adopt here (only heterosexual couples can adopt, and even they find many difficulties), couldn't afford to go abroad to a sperm bank, probably not even with my family support... and if I ever did something like that I'm pretty sure my family would cut any ties with me, so...

Nothing is impossible you can adopt or let your partner get a surrogate and at least the baby will have one couples blood

On 8/4/2018 at 7:09 AM, Jacqueline_PT said:

I'd like to adopt a kid (from Africa, or something) and NOT to have one of my own flesh and blood.

I'd like to have a co-parenting non-sexual non-romantic scheme with somebody, to raise that kid. 

That’s a good idea. another option would be to let your partner inseminate to a surrogate and you can have a fantastic life together 

I don’t want to have a child but I like looking after them and teaching them. So adoption wouldn’t be off the table. 😸

Yes I would love my own kids with an asexual partner, if she agrees to be pregnant 

I'd love to... though I assume I won't.

Not a fan of raising kids on my own - don't think it'd be fair to the kid(s) to raise them while still having a job. I'd want to make sure they get all the attention they need.

And with that, the only other option is to have kids with a partner, and I'm not too stoked about the whole dating thing, so yeah...

-> Would I like to have kids: Yes! Am I likely to ever have kids: No.

The whole "non-sexual non-romantic" scheme mentioned by Jaqueline_PT above sounds ideal! xD

NO.

Honestly, I think perhaps the best thing about being ace is that I don't have to worry about accidental pregnancies. Having a child is perhaps the worst thing I could think of. I don't hate children, but I dislike having to deal with them. I prefer quiet, organized environments, and through no fault of their own, children are counter to that. A crying baby is like an anxiety trigger for me. 

On 8/30/2018 at 4:17 AM, Greywulf said:

I prefer quiet, organized environments, and through no fault of their own, children are counter to that.

Same here. I know how I react by kids, even well behaved ones- a lot of anxiety. Would never be able to handle that, I have a hard time enough with adults and pets that don't make a lot of noise. I'd preferably live in an isolated place away from any schools. 

I'd think it'd be cool to watch someone grow up, but only from a distance, and there's already plenty of people around me, I can just watch them. If circumstances do change, I'd go with adoption of an older kid, they've probably been though a lot and it'd be nice to help someone out. 

• 1 month later...

I would love to have a couple of children eventually.  I may not be their biological parent, but just raising two (yes, two, no more if I can help it) children would warm my heart.

• 1 month later...

I'm an antinatalist. I wanted (to adopt) kids when I was younger, and I enjoyed babysitting/tutoring/working with kids. Now I'm not so sure, but I want to research parenting stuff just in case I do end up adopting. I see so many people not respecting children (assuming genders, forcing certain clothes, dragging them around by the arm, scolding them instead of comforting them when they're upset, not respecting their privacy, building up an image of 'the ideal child' and pressuring the kid to live up to that, etc.) and I think "I can do way better than that!" but my parental instincts have decreased over the years. 

curious fairy

I mean, I don't particularly want any children whatsoever, but if I meet someone who I love a bunch and they really want a kid, maybe I'd consider adoption.  I also don't think I'd want to bother with all if the financial issues and such, plus my genetics are pretty bad.  Cancer and blood clot issues run from my dad's side, and anxiety and depression runs down my mom's side.   So no, I don't want to have children.  I have my excuses, but overall I just don't like children too much. 

Nah. Very VERY little about the process of having/raising a child seems desirable.

Desperately, however I am not sure that I would be a fit parent even if somehow I got my finances and living situation sorted.

• 7 months later...

@MiffKeks

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived