Phalena

Do you want to have children?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have children?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Dunno.

This poll is closed to new votes

I have looked through the polls and haven't found this one. (Or I am blind what is also possible oops.... 🙃.)

I'll be excited to see the results!

This poll will close on 31st December 2018 at 00:00AM/PM babies-010.jpg

I might adopt one day.

Tiny humans? Ew.

Ya I want kids someday. It's weird that I knew I wanted to be a mom before I knew that I was asexual, lmao. I'd be willing to adopt or go to a sperm bank whenever in the future I become ready and financially stable to have kids. It kinda sucks wanting to be a parent and being asexual at the same time. Like I am not against having a partner that is possibly sexual, but I am not sure how comfortable I am with having sex (idk if I am sex repulsed or not). Most of my asexual friends that I know don't want kids and their ideal future partner would be like a friend cuddle roommate. So I was told if I wanted kids they would put up with it, which isn't really the mindset I would want from a partner when it comes to being a parent. Not like being a single mom in America is a better option though. Anyway my future with kids might suck in the ass :'D...

Nope no kids for me. I don't want to have to take care of other people, so I won't have them. Also my genetics are terrible. Three generations of my father's family married their first cousins (my father was the one to break the cycle). A majority of the people on both sides of my family have depression, anxiety or other mental issues. 4 people on my mother's side of the family have bi-polar depression, including my mother. As bi-polar usually skips one generation, my child is very likely to have it. The other 3 members of my family with bi-polar killed themselves. My family has a history of heart disease, blood clots, horrific periods, and weird allergies which seem to just show up out of the blue. Also, as a young person, I struggle to make ends meet and can't make most of my dreams happen, I wouldn't force someone else into that. 

Yes, but my boyfriend already has a small human (who is now an adult) and doesn't want any more.  I want to adopt eventually, but when I'm ready.  I want to start my career and stuff first.

Fuck. That. Noise.

I don't like kids. At all. Ever. I would probably end up in a psych ward if I were forced to be pregnant. I'd rather gnaw off my own arm.

Eventually. If I'm going to be single forever, then just one.

Do pets count?? I don't think I could ever be a human parent. But dogs are lovely and I will spoil my future doggos rotten with love and affection!

13 minutes ago, .Lia said:

Fuck. That. Noise.

I don't like kids. At all. Ever. I would probably end up in a psych ward if I were forced to be pregnant. I'd rather gnaw off my own arm.

That too. Pregnancy scares the crap out of me. Having the equivalent of a parasite in my body is not something I'm ever going to agree too.

5 minutes ago, Evren said:

That too. Pregnancy scares the crap out of me. Having the equivalent of a parasite in my body is not something I'm ever going to agree too.

Most people get so MAD when I make that comparison! 

AcornCarvings

depends on what you count as having children.

I'd love to coparent with some of my close people, and help out heavily with my friend's children.

Do I want to give birth? Hell no! I saw my sister go through a rough pregnancy, and I do not want to put my body through that. Besides, I have worked too hard to get in shape for it to all be ruined. However, I do want to adopt one day. One child if I am a single parent. Maybe two if I had a partner to help provide support.

1 hour ago, .Lia said:

Most people get so MAD when I make that comparison! 

I mean it's technically true. The baby takes from your body and doesn't technically give you anything. Except for a baby of course, but if you don't want that then it isn't much help.

17 minutes ago, Evren said:

I mean it's technically true. The baby takes from your body and doesn't technically give you anything. Except for a baby of course, but if you don't want that then it isn't much help.

EXACTLY!

I've always wanted to raise kids, and I've known for a long time that I wanted to adopt. Figuring out I'm asexual was kinda frustrating because I would definitely like a permanent partner to raise kids with and I'm not sure I could do it on my own. I don't feel a need to reproduce though, the world already had too many people and too many unloved children. If you don't want kids, then there is absolutely no reason to have them. The pressure to have children is so outdated.

Grumpy Alien

Yup. I like kids, love babies. I’m pretty nurturing so yeah, I look forward to having children in the future.

It’s absolutely not for everyone and I think it’s horrible to expect people to want and have children. First of all, the planet doesn’t need that. But also not everyone wants to be or is cut out to be a parent. Why should people give the life they want up to raise kids they don’t want? That also can screw up their kids.

Personally, I can’t wait to have kids! Not sure how that’ll happen yet, though I’m not ace. I have PCOS which will make it very difficult for me to conceive. Fertility options and adoption will be something to explore down the road when we’re married, more financially stable, and have a more suitable house.

This is a hard one to answer. I never wanted children, but ended up with one anyway. I love her dearly but still feel the same about ever having children (other than her). 

I do love children though, especially babies. 

Definitely not biological ones - I find the thought of being pregnant horrifying. I'd consider fostering or adopting when I'm older and more financially secure though.

Fantastic Name

Hell no.

People always tell me that children are "life's greatest joy", but if that "joy" involves having sex, carrying an oversized parasite around in my crotch for nine months, and then having to devote the rest of my entire life to making sure that parasite doesn't accidentally kill itself, then no, I don't want it.

I feel like this polls results would be completely opposite, if it weren't posted on an asexual forum, lol. 

cutiepastels

Yes I would like to have children, at least 1

On 7/11/2018 at 12:20 AM, Chione said:

Yes, but I can't. 

Oh no. This is terrible 😢. I hope you can find a way to adopt or that you can take care of friends' children then.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:49 AM, Evren said:

Nope no kids for me. I don't want to have to take care of other people, so I won't have them. Also my genetics are terrible. Three generations of my father's family married their first cousins (my father was the one to break the cycle). A majority of the people on both sides of my family have depression, anxiety or other mental issues. 4 people on my mother's side of the family have bi-polar depression, including my mother. As bi-polar usually skips one generation, my child is very likely to have it. The other 3 members of my family with bi-polar killed themselves. My family has a history of heart disease, blood clots, horrific periods, and weird allergies which seem to just show up out of the blue. Also, as a young person, I struggle to make ends meet and can't make most of my dreams happen, I wouldn't force someone else into that. 

I completely understand your concerns.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:53 AM, AcornCarvings said:

depends on what you count as having children.

I'd love to coparent with some of my close people, and help out heavily with my friend's children.

That's cool, too! Now I think that I could have added this kind of care as well. But I didn't think of it. Whoopsie.

11 hours ago, Evren said:

I feel like this polls results would be completely opposite, if it weren't posted on an asexual forum, lol. 

Potentially. That would be an interesting research!

So far, I've often read of aces who do want children. But media gets to decide who can be a representative and who not. So, I am not sure if this was in hope to make us look more normal? It was rarely talked about how they were to have children, though. (Like adoption etc.)

Archived