Scars!

krystal_muzik

GreySquirrel12

I have a lot from stretch marks in my early teens. Then I lost loads of weight a couple of years ago and now have them on my thighs and shoulders. Aside from that, one aboveboard my eyebrow from chickenpox and I think that’s it.

I have a scar on my lower leg from when I fell on a hike, I have a scar on my upper right arm from when I fell into a barb wire fence trying to play with the horses at my grandpa's place, and I have a scar on my lower left arm from when my sister and I were fighting and it got too crazy. I also have a bit of a scar on my upper left forehead from when I got cut on a table's edge, and a little bit of acne scars

Duke Memphis

A small scar near my right eye from a pitbull attack, a scar on my left forearm from a friend in second grade, a burn mark on my right upper arm from a weed whacker, scratch marks on my hands from cats, scars around my fingertips from picking at my nails, blister scars on my feet from dancing and rollerskating, a friction scar on my elbow from falling onto a wooden floor, and scars from picking at my acne.

I have one on the upper part of my left arm from picking at a wound when I was younger, one on the inside of my left knee from surgery to remove a cyst that had formed around an ingrown hair, and a really tiny one on the front of my left leg as the result of yet another ingrown hair. Oh, also stretch marks from growing as a pre-teen. I shot up an entire foot or so in one year.

Bronztrooper

I've got a small scar on the underside of my right forearm and an indent in the palm of my hand (center of the bottom of my palm, just above my wrist) which are both from the same injury.  I was too young to remember this, but I got it from falling down while running and getting some glass in my hand.  An ambulance apparently came to take care of it, but they didn't get all the glass out.  The piece of glass they missed ended up travelling down my forearm and stopped when a scab formed around it (about midway between my wrist and elbow) and I had to get it removed at the hospital.  Aside from that, I have a few other minor scars that aren't really that easy to spot, if they're still around at all.

My sister, on the other hand, has a large scar on the right side of her head, just behind her eye, from when she was 5 years old.  What happened was we were walking home from her bus stop (aside from me, my sister, and my mom, there were several other parents and kids walking with us- this was when my sister was in pre-school, iirc) and she was ahead of the group, but stopped at a street corner ahead of us.  Across the street, there was a house with a family that had a pitbull that they didn't exactly treat well and when one of the guys in the house opened the door, the dog bolted out, ran down the stairs, and jumped at my sister.  The owner yelled at the dog and it ran away down the street that it had ran across.

Before you get concerned, my sister was lucky- the bite missed the nerves in the area, as well as her eye, so there was no real damage to her eyesight.  That was 12 years ago and she's so used to the scar now that she doesn't really want to bother with plastic surgery to remove it (settlement money is supposed to go to her in about a year or so and it's meant to be for whatever she wants to use it for, and it's apparently more than enough for surgery to remove the scar, if she was going to bother with that in the first place).

I have a long, pretty noticeable scar on my left ankle from I was trying to shave my leg and didn't realize the razor was older and dull. That story ended with me wrapping a towel around my ankle because bandages weren't enough and cleaning blood off of my bathroom floor. I've got a little scar on my nose from where a colorguard girl whacked me with a flag during a high school marching band show. Thankfully my nose didn't break, but I continued the rest of the show with blood dripping down my face. Fun fact: blood is difficult to clean off of nickel plating on a saxophone. Use anti tarnish towels to get it all off. I also have a black mark on the nail of my left big toe from dropping a riser on my foot while setting up a concert hall. Thankfully I didn't break my toe somehow, but it sure bloody felt like I had. I have a bit of a scar where my right ear attaches to my head from a surgery I had at like seven. This was the botched surgery that effectively ruined that ear. I also have some little scars on my hands from animal handling and playing with my cat.

I've got an enormous scar across the top of my head. It needed 7 staples. I got it from hitting my head on the overhang on my way downstairs. 

I've got several large scars on my head and right arm from surgery following a RTA when i was 13.... I don't remember how many staples were removed but it was more than a few ;) i actually used my scars in one of my photography art projects this year.

I have about a 4 inch scar across my neck from fusion surgery last year. I also have one on my left foot from having the big toe fused. Fingers are covered in them from camping, biking, etc. Also one on my chest right over the heart from a lipoma removal.

Most of my scars are just from being a stupid kid. (falling scraping knees, falling off of bike, longboard, skateboard, and other dumb stuff I have done) My favorite one is a scar on my left shin from an epic surfing wipe out. After I wiped out someone else came by on their surfboard and went right over me and wiped out and the skeg (surfboard fin) of the other surfer somehow managed to slice my leg. Fortunately it wasn't deep enough to need stitches but it still left a pretty big scar. The whole scenario must have been hilarious to watch.

I have quite a few. I'll mention the 3 biggest ones. The oldest one is in the crease of one of my eyelids. When I was around 2, I was sitting in my highchair rocking back in forth. A sharp corner of the table was facing me. My parent had walked away to wash the dishes or something. Anyways, I ended up rocking too far and fell over. My head landed at that corner, and the sharp edge tore through my eyelid. I didn't make a sound. Just sat there as the blood pooled around me. As soon as my parent realized what happened, she freaked out. Later, I demanded to take my stuffed alligator with me to get stitched up at the same time. I remember that part more. As they were stitching my eyelid, it apparently didn't faze me. That creeped the doctor out a bit. That edge had barely scraped my cornea, and may have slightly affected my eyesight. It could have been much worse. 

I fell down a very steep hill while at a camp with my 4th grade class. I was wearing glasses. Landed hard with my face slamming against the ground. So hard, my glasses broke at the nose and half of it embedded itself in part of my nose. It also knocked it slightly off-center. It's still that way. Anyways, there was so much blood everywhere! I panicked. My teacher applied first aid, called my parents, had to leave early, and went to the hospital. I was having so much fun before that. I still have a scar right between my eyes and top of my nose.

Around the same year, I had gone hiking with my parents and we were hungry. So, we decided to go somewhere to eat before heading home. I ordered a pizza with pepperoni. They warned me it was hot. I saw that the cheese was boiling. I was just too hungry, and grabbed a piece. A big glob of lava-hot cheese and pepperoni landed on my bare legs. (It was hot out and I was wearing short shorts.) I was in so much shock, I didn't feel the pain right away. Thanks to my parent's quick thinking, she immediately ripped it off of me. I still ended up with a 2nd degree burn. If she hadn't done that when she did, it would have been worse. Now I have a scar in the shape of a flame on that leg. It looks cool, but was not a fun experience. 

I have a lot, I have a big one on my stomach from getting an illiostomy, a couple on my neck from other hospital stuff that irk what where because I was like 8, some self harm scars (definitely not proud of those...)

A dent in my finger from my mum accidently closing her car door on it when I tried to his her with a snowball a scar on the side of my hand from a piece of glass that was lying in the grass and a few others that I forget exist most of the time

I have a a small gash on my left arm from scraping a piece of metal along with my biggest scar going across my wrist (scraped metal again; I won't go into detail, but it was messy). Three burn marks from campfires and a kerosene heater and also a weird hole in my foot from when I stepped on a nail.

Great Blue Heron

One at my hairline from when I was about two; my mom's pickup truck was parked in the driveway, my brother and I were playing in the back, my dad looked away for a second, and I faceplanted onto the gravel driveway; apparently it looked terrible because head wounds bleed a lot so I had blood running all down my face, but the scar itself is less than a centimeter long.

One that's shaped like the letter F on my left knee from preschool; I wanted to play with a kid, he yelled at me to go away, I tried to run away going between a fence and a tree, tripped, and sliced open my knee on the tree root.

One on my right little finger from being bitten by a friend's little sister.

Also countless minor scars on my legs from spending many happy summers playing in part of Maine where meadow = thigh-deep thorny plants.

One the right side of my face (though I can never remember what side it's on). I was young, and I fell on my dog, so she bit me. The same thing happened to my sister a couple years later, so we have matching scars.

A bunch on my upper back from acne. I had some pretty bad acne until around January.

One on my right elbow. This is my least visible scar, but my best story. I was in 8th grade, and my school had a whole day of activities outside for 8th graders (because in my city, 8th grade is the first year of high school). One of these activities was dizzy bat (without drinking). So, I tried it and thought I was running straight. Turns out, I was running clockwise and leaning so far right that I didn't think that standing at that angle was possible. Next thing I knew, I slam onto the ground and hurt my knees and elbow pretty badly. I was fine a few minutes later, but it did leave a mark.

• 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

I have quite many scars. one visible scar from an accident on my forehead, some scars on my forearms and thighs, another accident scar on my right knee, two surgery scars on my left knee, an anesthesia scar on my back (you know, spinal injection) and a barely visible burn on my left hand. I also have some scars on my hips.

oh and scars from vaccines.

I only have one scar on my left index finger. I broke my finger during a handball match, but I convinced myself that it was just sprained, so I played two more matches and went to practice three times over the course of two weeks before I went to the doctor. The bone had snapped into three pieces, and the pieces were so misaligned at that point because I'd been using the finger, so I had to have surgery. 

Archived