First Crush

lp2829

I think I have my VERY first crush. It's on one of my female bffs. It just sort of happened. I had never thought of her that way and a few days ago I thought"I want to hold her hand and kiss her." And I do! I would like to ask her out and hold her hand but(I can be very anxious so here is where that kicks in) In movies and books they describe liking someone is this big huge emotion were you are supposed to feel a million butterflies and not think of anyone but them. I think the crush is more on the milder side, but I don't get butterflies every single time I think of her (i sometimes get them), so is it not a crush? I talked to my other bff and she thinks it is. I have never had one before so I'm very confused.

It could be that because she's one of your best friends you just naturally feel comfortable around her. Often in books and movies characters have crushes on people they've hardly spoken to, hence why they get so nervous just being in proximity to them. Just because you don't get nervous butterflies every moment you're with your friend doesn't mean it's not a crush! Given that you want to kiss them and hold their hand I'd say that's a definite sign of a crush :) 

I know for me I have this crush on a guy and while at the start - when I had only spoken to him occasionally and we weren't that close - I was so nervous around him and thought about him a LOT, now that we're actually good friends I'm so much more relaxed around him and don't have him in my thoughts anywhere near as often. So I think really it's all about how close to your crush you are, which impacts how comfortable you feel around them. Hope this helps!

Fantastic Name

Probably a crush! You wanting to kiss her and hold her hand is pretty much a dead giveaway here.

Also, as others have mentioned before, everyone experiences emotions differently. The overwhelming butterflies-in-stomach feeling you see in the movies is more of a generalization than anything.)

no-longer-in-use

It sounds like a crush to me! I've had many crushes over the course of my (albeit short) life, and none of them were the same intensity or length. The last crush I had was the most extreme one I've ever had, and it lasted for about a month, but the crush I had before that was pretty mild and lasted for a couple of weeks. All crushes aren't the same.

Archived