Relatable Non-Binary Things

AllOfTheAbove

Uh minor mention of genitals for those who don't wanna read it.

My absolute favourite (sarcasm) enby mood is when in the shops, and a mannequin isn't fully clothed or whatever, I get jealous of it for not having genitals.

Like, can't I have that too?

8 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

One time I heard him talking about the half-elf race and he said he didn't really like it because it's like the person can't decide.  "Just pick one!"  I felt like it was a little offensive to my gender and genderfluid people.  Also, my game character was a half-elf.

I also have a half-elf character. For reasons VERY unrelated to not being able to decide.

no-longer-in-use
17 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I was talking to a cishet guy I know and he said for his tabletop game, he's making his first female character who isn't good with interactions especially with "the opposite sex".  *cringe*

Oof, mega cringe.

When this one lady came out, then me, and then a teenage boy, I feel like he never really educated himself on any LGBT+ stuff despite having to interact with at least one of us almost everyday.

That sucks! He definitely needs a lesson in different LGBTQ+ identities.

One time I heard him talking about the half-elf race and he said he didn't really like it because it's like the person can't decide.  "Just pick one!"  I felt like it was a little offensive to my gender and genderfluid people.  Also, my game character was a half-elf.

Whaaaat? That's stupid. Half-elves are super cool, and I see why you were a bit offended. I have an elf character right now in one campaign and a human character in another. All I need to complete the circle is a half-elf!

When you use a different name to the one you have on all your legal stuff, and it takes you a second to realise that the tutor in your uni class just called your "name" on the roll...

nerdperson777
On 10/24/2018 at 7:19 AM, Andiamo said:

I also have a half-elf character. For reasons VERY unrelated to not being able to decide.

I just thought it was cool to be half of something. It's kinda ironic because that guy is mixed race and he's complaining about the same thing he is. In the game, it's chosen but sometimes we just are. 

20 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

Oof, mega cringe.

That sucks! He definitely needs a lesson in different LGBTQ+ identities.

Whaaaat? That's stupid. Half-elves are super cool, and I see why you were a bit offended. I have an elf character right now in one campaign and a human character in another. All I need to complete the circle is a half-elf!

Well I never told him that my character was half-elf, as it wasn't relevant to what I told him happens in my adventures with my friends. Last week I must've been having a girl moment because I felt like slapping an NPC student for tricking us. Funny thing is that we're in a wizard school and our spells seem to be not very effective but our physical attacks keep getting natural 20s. According to the DM, my slap did a lot of damage. Other players were surprised because my character was supposed to be shy and gentle, yet I'm going around slapping jokesters. A friend said that the slapping wasn't a girl thing but I felt more feminine when I do those slaps because it was an approved action for me to do when I thought that I was cis. 

Can't remember if anyone's already mentioned this but...

Never turning around whenever people call you: "Miss!" but also never turning around when people call you: "Sir!" :P I literally don't even realize they're talking about me, both when they call me "that girl" and when they call me "that boy".

Anthracite_Impreza
On 10/24/2018 at 7:14 AM, nerdperson777 said:

Also, my game character was a half-elf.

One of my characters is half-vampire, half daemon (not on a game, but still). He's also a lorry :P 🚛

So what is this jibber jabber everyone is talking about?

• 2 weeks later...
nerdperson777

Having trouble finding non-gendered or unisex objects.  I'm trying to get new gel insoles for my shoe but I don't have big feet so I've been trying to find ones that state both male and female sizes on them instead of female only.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, nerdperson777 said:

A friend said that the slapping wasn't a girl thing but I felt more feminine when I do those slaps because it was an approved action for me to do when I thought that I was cis. 

Based on my understanding of gender stereotypes, slapping is feminine and punching is masculine. So I have no idea what this friend was talking about... 

In fact, I think when I was in early high school, I made a joke on gender stereotypes because my friend actually knew martial arts and was much more likely to punch than slap, if she was going to do anything, so while we were roleplaying at some point, I created this curse where every time she tried to punch, it turned into a slap because, according to the curse, "girls don't punch". This was apparently hilarious when I was 14/15. *shrug* I think I did something similar for guys, but I can't remember what it was... The plot became centered around my friend creating her own branch of martial arts that centered around slaps instead of punches, but actually did more damage than when she was punching. And because she was now more violent by being more feminine, thus making her less feminine, this created a contradiction and broke the curse or something. I don't remember exactly. It was one of the silly ones we did when we were tired that were made mostly of pure randomness and sleep deprivation. Somewhere between "Ok, so the 'Interview with a Vampire' characters are floating in outer space eating nerds when..." and "Ok, so Cupid is evil and making everyone fall in love with the most awkward person possible, and wages a personal war against you because you are immune to his arrows and he's butt-hurt about it". 

nerdperson777
8 hours ago, Tunes said:

The plot became centered around my friend creating her own branch of martial arts that centered around slaps instead of punches

I'm reminded of this move my students are currently learning.  When I first learned it elsewhere, I was just told that it was called the nut slap.  At my current place, they say that the fancy name is "monkey steals peach".  All it really is, is the arm swinging palm up but not too high, because, you know, it's a crotch strike.  I felt some sort of irony that the class was being taught by two of the three trans coaches, even if people probably didn't know we were.  And yes, we had to tell the kids, don't slap your family or your friends.

• 2 weeks later...
nerdperson777

There was some conversation about a character's gender in a game. The cis boy was saying that there was male and female. Trans girl says, "what if I want to be neither or both?" I'm just went "ooh I want that".

hopeisnotlost
3 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

There was some conversation about a character's gender in a game. The cis boy was saying that there was male and female. Trans girl says, "what if I want to be neither or both?" I'm just went "ooh I want that".

I would love a non-binary character for some games...

nerdperson777
9 hours ago, hopeisnotlost said:

I would love a non-binary character for some games...

My DnD character right now is non-binary.  We're going to a wizard school and the solution to gendered dorms is everyone gets a nice luxurious room.  If only the real world could have that.  One of our players bought a cat from the market area and food is included in the cost.  Man, what a deal.

no-longer-in-use
14 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

What game? I want to play it now.

hopeisnotlost
1 hour ago, Coddiwomple said:

Me too.

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Coddiwomple said:

I didn't say that the game they were talking about had non-binary characters.  But my DnD game has non-binary characters, including me.

hopeisnotlost
3 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I didn't say that the game they were talking about had non-binary characters.  But my DnD game has non-binary characters, including me.

cool

Archived