Relatable Non-Binary Things

AllOfTheAbove

WoodwindWhistler
On 7/26/2018 at 8:43 AM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

When something that would help you involves exposing your dysphoria.

Roll on the day we can do away with biological bodies, because fuck me I really hate mine right now.

In dreams I often either have no body (am not present, or merely a mind thinking up a story) or have taken on other bodies (animals- whale, horse, dragon). If you increased your dream lucidity, you could probably at least find temporary reprieve there. 

Fluffy Femme Guy
On 8/17/2018 at 12:28 PM, timewarp said:

Yep. Or did you expect something more elaborated? Good luck with that.

It was supposed to be humorous, I guess that didn't quite come across.

Anthracite_Impreza
13 hours ago, WoodwindWhistler said:

In dreams I often either have no body (am not present, or merely a mind thinking up a story) or have taken on other bodies (animals- whale, horse, dragon). If you increased your dream lucidity, you could probably at least find temporary reprieve there. 

I'm usually a fluffy raptor or car, but I've been a steam loco before ;) Wish I could lucid dream but I've only ever done it once and that was on accident :c

Whenever I'm dreaming I'm constantly switching between being male, female and not having a gender. I've always wondered whether this is something that binary people experience as well. I guess I should ask some of them irl.

I don’t usually pay enough attention to my body in dreams to know what it looks like, but when I do it varies somewhat. I was either fully male or intersex in a dream once.

WoodwindWhistler
On 8/19/2018 at 4:33 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I'm usually a fluffy raptor or car, but I've been a steam loco before ;) Wish I could lucid dream but I've only ever done it once and that was on accident :c

oh__please_by_dracophobos-dbuvwsu.gif

https://www.deviantart.com/dracophobos/art/Oh-Please-717005262

Are you gonna try some of the habits and techniques that increase frequency of lucid dreams? 

Anthracite_Impreza
24 minutes ago, WoodwindWhistler said:

Are you gonna try some of the habits and techniques that increase frequency of lucid dreams? 

Getting to bed at a reasonable time is still out of my grasp ;) And damn you for reminding me the anthro-vehicle scene is still a thing; I might have to go back now 😥

Luftschlosseule
3 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Getting to bed at a reasonable time is still out of my grasp ;) And damn you for reminding me the anthro-vehicle scene is still a thing; I might have to go back now 😥

At the moment, thinking about my dreams helps. I am able to commit more and more to memory and it feels like it gains me some sort of control.

I am currently annoyed at having to come out if I don't want to be misgendered, and it's not only judging how the person will react, first you have to explain what non-binary is. I feel like it would be simpler if I were within the binary, say, a transman. Obviously most of the problems stay, it's just... I am sick of having to educate everyone around me. I am already doing it because of my mental illnesses and heart condition. Or because they use words without knowing what they mean. Just... annoyed.

Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

At the moment, thinking about my dreams helps. I am able to commit more and more to memory and it feels like it gains me some sort of control.

I am currently annoyed at having to come out if I don't want to be misgendered, and it's not only judging how the person will react, first you have to explain what non-binary is. I feel like it would be simpler if I were within the binary, say, a transman. Obviously most of the problems stay, it's just... I am sick of having to educate everyone around me. I am already doing it because of my mental illnesses and heart condition. Or because they use words without knowing what they mean. Just... annoyed.

And half the time they refuse to be educated, they just want to argue about it.

nerdperson777
32 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

And half the time they refuse to be educated, they just want to argue about it.

I was on YouTube looking at some guy's transition video and there was a "compliment" comment that said that he would make a nice bearded lady.  I took that bait and argued with someone over the validity of trans identities, which half was the other person insulting and assuming things about me, like the (presumed cis male) user said that I "get off" on watching these things.  I said I was ace so I couldn't even do that if I tried, which was replied with I was brain dead also.  My groups were saying that nothing comes out of arguing in YouTube comments but the other user didn't reply back to me so I guess I won?

Anthracite_Impreza
5 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

I was on YouTube looking at some guy's transition video and there was a "compliment" comment that said that he would make a nice bearded lady.  I took that bait and argued with someone over the validity of trans identities, which half was the other person insulting and assuming things about me, like the (presumed cis male) user said that I "get off" on watching these things.  I said I was ace so I couldn't even do that if I tried, which was replied with I was brain dead also.  My groups were saying that nothing comes out of arguing in YouTube comments but the other user didn't reply back to me so I guess I won?

That's the thing, no one wins out of these shit-slinging matches. We get made to feel like shit and they're still as ignorant as ever.

nerdperson777

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with this one.  My dad has this thing where he lies for absolutely no reason but to troll mom and me.  The other week he was seeing a new tenant for his side of the family's rental property.  The tenant was a dogsitter who does overnight caretaking and the property didn't allow pets inside.  So mom said, "no deal then?"  He said no deal.  It turns out that "no deal" was just part of his story.  The next part of the story was that the tenant never brings pets home and stays overnight at the pet owner's house so there was no problem with no pets.  So dad just straight up lies for no good reason.

This time, I said that I had this coupon for something that was only available during the hours of 4 and 7pm.  I'm usually at work until 7 and then I come home by 8 so I'm unable to get the item.  I texted my dad during lunch to get it but never got a reply.  I asked him during dinner and he said he didn't check his phone.  ABSOLUTE LIE.  He did get it.  So I punched him, the same way a girl does, when a guy messes with her.  I'm not sure if this is just me still doing girl behaviors or what.  I think "bros" punch each other too, but I don't think I was doing it that way.  Now I think I should've punched him harder, so he'll just STOP LYING.

Is it a relatable nonbinary thing to have enough of a complicated gender that cis people don’t fully understand it, and then to get annoyed at their unwillingness to approximate after you explain that you’re comfortable with them doing that? I can explain in more detail if anyone is confused, but I think it’s more a subject for the Trans Musings and Rantings thread.

nerdperson777
50 minutes ago, nelpogrando said:

Is it a relatable nonbinary thing to have enough of a complicated gender that cis people don’t fully understand it, and then to get annoyed at their unwillingness to approximate after you explain that you’re comfortable with them doing that? I can explain in more detail if anyone is confused, but I think it’s more a subject for the Trans Musings and Rantings thread.

Even after I come out, there are people that are just assuming that I am binary male.  I look like a guy, act like a (feminine) guy, so that seems to make people think I'm a man.  I'm not a man.  I'm not male.  I'd probably confuse people more even if I said I'm a guy who doesn't adhere to gender norms.

no-longer-in-use
On 8/19/2018 at 1:45 PM, Light02 said:

Whenever I'm dreaming I'm constantly switching between being male, female and not having a gender. I've always wondered whether this is something that binary people experience as well. I guess I should ask some of them irl.

I've never experienced that, I'm always a girl in dreams (I'm cis).

This is definitely more of an aligned nonbinary thing than an unaligned nonbinary thing, but I’m a nonbinary trans guy, and every time someone tells me I look like a boy I’m not sure whether to be happy or slightly uncomfortable. I’m not sure whether that’s caused by internalized transphobia, insecurity, or just the fact that I’m not totally a guy, but it’s definitely a weird feeling.

nerdperson777

I've been medically transitioning for more than a year and I'm still surprised when I hear my deep voice, especially when I laugh.  It feels right, but also not, at the same time.  Maybe this is a non-binary thing.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:45 PM, Light02 said:

Ok, well. I never see myself in dreams. I never put on gender-specific clothes, or do anything that would imply my gender. I am always me. Never looking down at myself, and never seeing myself. The only one dream that I can remember me possibly being a girl (because I went to the girls bathroom) is when there was this shooter and he was after mixed people. Me and my mama were in the bathroom hiding because he was male, he only stuck his hand with the gun through the crack in the door. He was trying to shoot my mama, but not me because I look white, and he didn't know that my mama was my mama. That dream is soooooooooo old, yet I still remember it. I'm pretty sure I had it in Elementary School. I think at least 5 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to call my bank because there was an unauthorized charge on my credit card.  To be called back later, I had to say my own (legal) name.  When I did the recording, I tried to still sound like how I did pre-T because I didn't need any representative judging me for having a low voice and not believing that it's me.  When the recording was played back, I was surprised that it did sound like a girl with a low voice, essentially how I sounded pre-T.  I was actually expecting that I would sound like a gay guy instead.  I'm impressed that I can do this with how low my voice is.

(This is mostly a joke.)

I've been thinking about the fact that whenever most girls say goodbye to me they usually give me a hug. On the other hand, guys always give those weird high-fives/handshakes, I don't know how to describe those but you all know what I mean. Me and my enby friends never touch each other 😋 We just wave to each other. Is this enby culture? 😂

Luftschlosseule
4 hours ago, Light02 said:

😋We just wave to each other. Is this enby culture? 😂

I usually wave, too! xD

9 hours ago, Light02 said:

(This is mostly a joke.)

I've been thinking about the fact that whenever most girls say goodbye to me they usually give me a hug. On the other hand, guys always give those weird high-fives/handshakes, I don't know how to describe those but you all know what I mean. Me and my enby friends never touch each other 😋 We just wave to each other. Is this enby culture? 😂

Maybe, but I’m a transmasculine enby out to my otherwise all-female friend group, and my friends still show the same level of physical affection that they did before I came out. One of my friends loves to play with my hair, and several of my friends will happily do my nails and makeup when I’m in the mood for that, since if I try to do that by myself it comes out looking awful.

no-longer-in-use
9 hours ago, Light02 said:

Me and my enby friends never touch each other 😋 We just wave to each other. Is this enby culture? 😂

I have an enby friend who is very physical, he hugs his friends all the time and when I cut my hair, he just ran up to me and started running his fingers through it. So maybe it depends on the person :P

Anthracite_Impreza
15 hours ago, Light02 said:

(This is mostly a joke.)

I don't like people touching me so yes, let's make it enby culture.

20 hours ago, Light02 said:

(This is mostly a joke.)

I'm very physical in that I love cuddling and stuff, but weirdly enough I never hug people goodbye if I can help it. I l, too, tend to wave. I'm on board for this being enby culture. 😄

On September 23, 2018 at 3:09 AM, Light02 said:

(This is mostly a joke.)

Most of my friends and I tend to be very cuddly. A lot of them are NB; most of my friends who don't like touching are cis girls. I think it's funny how opposite that is!

TW: mentioning of body part some may be dysphoric about 

I wake up every morning thinking "damn I wish I had boobs and looked more feminine and androgynist at the same time" 

• 5 weeks later...
no-longer-in-use

I'm sure this has been mentioned but teachers (and people in general) saying "ladies and gentlemen" or "boys and girls".

Every. Single. Time.

nerdperson777
1 hour ago, Coddiwomple said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned but teachers (and people in general) saying "ladies and gentlemen" or "boys and girls".

Every. Single. Time.

I was talking to a cishet guy I know and he said for his tabletop game, he's making his first female character who isn't good with interactions especially with "the opposite sex".  *cringe*  When this one lady came out, then me, and then a teenage boy, I feel like he never really educated himself on any LGBT+ stuff despite having to interact with at least one of us almost everyday.  I'm binary presenting so I feel like I'd really confuse him if I introduced my non-binary gender to him.  One time I heard him talking about the half-elf race and he said he didn't really like it because it's like the person can't decide.  "Just pick one!"  I felt like it was a little offensive to my gender and genderfluid people.  Also, my game character was a half-elf.

Archived