New Project Team member needed: Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator: Nominations

Kelly

We are now taking nominations for a Project Team member for the office of Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator.

The Project Team is in charge of visibility projects on AVEN. For more information about what the Project Team does, please see this link:

http://avenpt.tumblr.com/projectteam

Possible Project Team activities include:
- dealing with AVEN's media and research requests,
- managing resources,
- giving help to others with their visibility projects.

All PT positions have a duration of 2 years. If anyone steps down in that time, a new election will be held and the replacement will have a new term of 2 years.

The office that is presently in need of an officer is the Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator, described as:

Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this position will be to coordinate responses to requests for advice and information that are sent to the PT and the AVEN info account via email or PM, either by forwarding to the volunteer answering team or responding themselves; the Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing responses and ensuring that all emails are answered in a timely manner. This position is well suited to someone capable of giving nonjudgmental advice and support.

In addition, the Answering Team and Wiki Coordinator will also be expected to help coordinate with volunteers to improve the AVEN wiki; possible duties include creating new pages, identifying pages that need to be improved, removing spam and malicious or inappropriate edits; and communicating with other people involved on the AVEN wiki .

Requirements: People applying for this position should have good writing and time management skills. Candidates should also have strong communication and people skills and a commitment to teamwork. A commitment to confidentiality is a must. Previous experience with wiki editing preferred but not required. The expected time commitment required varies, but on average will be around 10 hours per week.

If you think that you would be an awesome AVEN Project Team Member, please throw you hat, turnip, whatever, in here.

If you nominate yourself, please make it obvious to me that you are running.

Eligibility rules include: a person must have been a member for at least 6 months, and have at least 100 posts that are not in the Just For Fun or Welcome Area forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. The eligibility criteria for PT are precisely the same as that for an Admod. A bio is required by voting time. Election rules are here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

You can run for only one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 5 July to Thursday, 12 July: Nominations.

Thursday, 12 July to Sunday, 15 July: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 15 July to Sunday, 22 July: Voting.

*cheers on people to run* PT is a lovely team!! Seriously, we may be small, but we are always there to help the other members. If you are really good at answering questions and being a genuinely helpful person, as well as organized, this is the position for you! : ) *cheers more*

*peeks out from behind a corner* *staaaaaarreeeeeessssss*

@OptimisticPessimist I sent that exact same video to Delphi at one point. Asdfghjkl I'm laughing so hard. 😂

I definitely want to! I'm just nervous since this is the first position I would be running for...I want to do a good job.

*Places this video of a dancing dog into the ring*

I'm thinking AVEN is probably about sick of me being admin at this point and it's about time for me see if I can annoy them all in another position (if they'll have me)

Grumpy Alien
2 hours ago, Puck said:

I'm thinking AVEN is probably about sick of me being admin at this point and it's about time for me see if I can annoy them all in another position (if they'll have me)

tumblr_oeny1oGcke1tpxsxoo1_640.gif

GOOD LUCK PEEPS! 

doggo-of-truth-bids-you-good-luck-memes-

Hmm, question. Would it be possible to withdraw and then run for the moderator position instead? I think @Puck would be more suited for this than I am, and with college coming up, I might get overwhelmed. (If not, then consider me still running!)

@OptimisticPessimist Ahh, thank you! Then I think I will. Please consider this my official withdrawal...and forget I was ever here. 😅

Best of luck to Puck, and anyone else who chooses to run!

@Gareki  You can still contribute to the wiki and answering team if you want. :)

If anyone wishes to run, please make it clear so that I do not have to guess.

Thanks. :) :cake:

On 7/8/2018 at 8:04 AM, Gareki said:

Hmm, question. Would it be possible to withdraw and then run for the moderator position instead? I think @Puck would be more suited for this than I am, and with college coming up, I might get overwhelmed. (If not, then consider me still running!)

For the record, I'm sure you'd be well suited, but it's great and healthy that you are making decisions based on the time you can give :) Good luck in the mod election!

On 7/8/2018 at 2:36 PM, Kelly said:

If anyone wishes to run, please make it clear so that I do not have to guess.

Thanks. :) :cake:

I think I'm the only one running right now :P

4 hours ago, Puck said:

For the record, I'm sure you'd be well suited, but it's great and healthy that you are making decisions based on the time you can give :) Good luck in the mod election!

Awww, thank you! Best of luck to you, too! :D

Last little bit of time for anyone considering running :)

Archived