New Moderator Needed: Announcements and Asexual Relationships: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Announcements and Asexual Relationships Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

You can run for only one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 5 July to Thursday, 12 July: Nominations.

Thursday, 12 July to Sunday, 15 July: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 15 July to Sunday, 22 July: Voting.

Hey guys! These are two forums that are really great for community building and support. Relationships is an especially great place to be able to help spread education and just be a great friend to folks who are trying to navigate such an exciting part of life!

Can't wait to see who joins the team!

I don't have any knowledge on the subject so I pass. 

butterflydreams
6 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I don't have any knowledge on the subject so I pass. 

You really don’t need specific knowledge of the subject. I’m no relationship expert, but I did totally fine. You get a lot of training and help too.

*moves teddy bear into this specific ring*

I decided that I want to run for this position instead. I feel a lot more confident about my capabilities as a moderator than I do as a project team member. xD f you'll let me, of course. ;;

I pass but i still want to give something back to the community somehow. I have been here over 2 years now and have basically been freeloading.

5 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I pass but i still want to give something back to the community somehow. I have been here over 2 years now and have basically been freeloading.

There's no such thing as freeloading. You're an active member of the community and are always giving members support, fun, inspiration, and a sense of home. On top of that you've contributed art to AVENues, so you've already gone above and beyond posting in the forums alone.

1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

You've definitely not been freeloading!!! I ditto everything Snao said. <3 Seriously. AVEN is a place to have fun and to learn, to be a member. To be a member is not freeloading. : ) But of course I would LOVE for you to join the team some day! Only if you're comfortable with it, though. : )) So no pressure! *hugs*

6 hours ago, Kyon. said:

🤔

I am not sure what that means. I just see a square.

2 minutes ago, Kelly said:

I am not sure what that means. I just see a square.

It's a "Thinking Face" emoji. Emojis show up on my Chromebook just fine, but when I'm on Windows they're black and white, and when I'm on Mac, they don't show up at all. ;; I guess it depends on your computer.

If anyone wishes to run, please make it clear so that I do not have to guess.

Thanks. :) :cake:

2 hours ago, Gareki said:

It's a "Thinking Face" emoji. Emojis show up on my Chromebook just fine, but when I'm on Windows they're black and white, and when I'm on Mac, they don't show up at all. ;; I guess it depends on your computer.

I'm on a Windows pc, using Chrome browser, and I see the "Thinking Face" emoji (although I'm not sure I would guess that's what it is without the emoji text that shows up when you hover over it in the emoji list). :P 

To be clear, I am NOT running. :) 

2 hours ago, daveb said:

I'm on a Windows pc, using Chrome browser, and I see the "Thinking Face" emoji (although I'm not sure I would guess that's what it is without the emoji text that shows up when you hover over it in the emoji list). :P 

To be clear, I am NOT running. :) 

I'm on a windows pc, using Chrome, and I only see a square. :P 

28 minutes ago, kelico said:

I'm on a windows pc, using Chrome, and I only see a square. :P 

Same

Grumpy Alien

Huh. I can see it on various devices and I always use Chrome.

Hmmm...interesting...this little emoji has me very curious...

@Kelly To be clear, I am running for this position. :D

Clumsy Fairy

Guess what... I want in... I will throw my hat in to this ring ..

I WANT TO RUN FOR THE MODERATOR POSITION.. <-- Clear enough?? <grin>..

Last little bit of time for anyone considering running :)

Archived