• Slytherin
    • Ravenclaw
    • Gryffindor
  2. 2. Ilvermorny

• Wampus
    • Horned Serpent
    • Thunderbird
    • Pukwudgie

Hello everyone. I was curious to see the number of each house and stuff but if you would like, comment what your patronus is, as well as any other personality related stuff that you may like or just talk about said stuff in general!

There also isn't really a topic for this, from what I can see, so I'm sorry if there is one. I saw there was one for Hufflepuffs only but I want to open it up more for every house.

Moved from Intersectionality to Off-A.

TheAP

Intersectionality moderator

4 minutes ago, TheAP said:

Moved from Intersectionality to Off-A.

TheAP

Intersectionality moderator

Sorry! I thought it would be in the right area. I guess I messed up that one. Thank you for moving it!

• Slytherin
    • Cunning, ambitious, resourceful, shrewd, determined
  • Thunderbird
    • Represents the soul. Favours adventurers.
  • Bassett Hound
    • A universal characteristic of those with the Basset Hound patronus is that they are smart. Due to this, they study well and if they apply themselves, can go far in education and hobbies.

Those with the Basset hound are stubborn, although sometimes don’t realise this, they are difficult to move from an opinion, even if the facts point the other way.

Members of Hufflepuff house with the Basset are friendly in personality and devoted to their friends.

This devotion is also found in those with the Basset in Slytherin, however it is expressed as determination instead. Those in Slytherin with this patronus are very Determined and if they decide on something, they will go through to the end.

• Yew wood wand
    • Yew wands are among the rarer kinds, and their ideal matches are likewise unusual, and occasionally notorious. The wand of yew is reputed to endow its possessor with the power of life and death, which might, of course, be said of all wands; and yet yew retains a particularly dark and fearsome reputation in the spheres of duelling and all curses. However, it is untrue to say (as those unlearned in wandlore often do) that those who use yew wands are more likely to be attracted to the Dark Arts than another. The witch or wizard best suited to a yew wand might equally prove a fierce protector of others. Wands hewn from these most long-lived trees have been found in the possession of heroes quite as often as of villains. Where wizards have been buried with wands of yew, the wand generally sprouts into a tree guarding the dead owner’s grave. What is certain, in my experience, is that the yew wand never chooses either a mediocre or a timid owner.
  • Unicorn hair core
    • Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard. Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may 'die' and need replacing.
  • 10"
    • Most wands will be in the range of between nine and fourteen inches. While I have sold extremely short wands (eight inches and under) and very long wands (over fifteen inches), these are exceptionally rare. In the latter case, a physical peculiarity demanded the excessive wand length. However, abnormally short wands usually select those in whose character something is lacking, rather than because they are physically undersized (many small witches and wizards are chosen by longer wands).
  • Rigid flexibility
    • Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair - although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.
Grumpy Alien

HUFFLEPUFF AND PUKWUDGIE

@.Lia where is that from, Pottermore? I want one. But Pottermore got me wrong :( I could do it again if that's it though

Ravenclaw and Thunderbird. I think my Bobtail cat might eat them... 😕 

Spoiler

I laughed when I discovered what a Bobtailed cat was because it looks like a cat with a bunny’s tail 😂

Alejandrogynous

I don't know my Ilvermorny house (kind of don't care?) so I can't take the poll, but...

House: Slytherin

Wand: Laurel wood with dragon heartstring core, 9 1/2 inches, rigid flexibility

Patronus: Leopardess

5 hours ago, okir fokir said:

HUFFLEPUFF AND PUKWUDGIE

@.Lia where is that from, Pottermore? I want one. But Pottermore got me wrong :( I could do it again if that's it though

Most of that info is from Pottermore, yes.

Also, my Myers Briggs classification is:

I(Thought oriented, Reserved, Reflective, Observant)

S(Traditional, Realistic, Practical, Detail oriented)

T(Logical, Reasonable, Level headed, Values fairness)

J(Organised, Systematic, Achievement oriented, Planner):

• Honest and direct
  • Decisive, efficient, and systematic
  • Dedicated and responsible
  • Strong-willed
  • Organized and reliable
  • Value tradition and stability
  • Committed and trustworthy

@.Lia Wow. You sure are thorough. Classic ISTJ, I suppose.

I am an INTj with a wolf patronus who is a Ravenclaw/Horned Serpent.

My wand is Ivy. It means I am goal orientated, determined, and enjoy overcoming challenges. It has a dragon heartstring.

I'm going to assume that you already understand what most of those mean... correct me if I am wrong.

Here&Queer
On 7/4/2018 at 2:50 AM, Starfiery said:

I am an INTj with a wolf/werewolf patronus who is a Ravenclaw/Horned Serpent.

I am also a Ravenclaw and Horned Serpent, and while I'm not an INTJ, I am an INFJ, so not too different.  A wolf patronus is cool, isn't that the same one Remus had, and later Tonks? 

My patronus is an orca whale, and my wand is reed, meaning I'm firm in my beliefs and have a strong sense of right and wrong. My core is a Phoenix feather, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility.

I got Gryffindor, which I can understand but don't particularly like :p haha I certainly have traits from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff as well! I have a huge respect for Slytherins, but I'm not like that at all.

Thunderbird in Ilvermorny!

My patronus was a Mare, I think.

MerePeasant
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, .Lia said:
  •  
  • Bassett Hound

Me, too! Small world. ;) 

I'm in Ravenclaw. I sort of feel not very suited to Ravenclaw on one hand, but I was put in that house on the original Pottermore and was happy with the outcome, so didn't retake the test on the new Pottermore, just in case. :P 

I think I got Pukwudgie for Ilvermorny house.

Can't remember the info on my wand because it isn't so interesting for me.

Ravenclaw and Thunderbird. My patronus is a Russian blue cat, and my wand is cypress wood, but I can't remember the length(I think it might have been 13 inches or something), core, or flexibility.

House: Slytherin & Pukwudgie

• Cunning, ambitious, resourceful, shrewd, determined
  • Represents the heart. Favors healers.

Patronus: Magpie

Wand: Red Oak, dragon heartstrings core, 14", quite bendy

On 7/8/2018 at 10:52 PM, Here&Queer said:

I am also a Ravenclaw and Horned Serpent, and while I'm not an INTJ, I am an INFJ, so not too different.  A wolf patronus is cool, isn't that the same one Remus had, and later Tonks? 

My patronus is an orca whale, and my wand is reed, meaning I'm firm in my beliefs and have a strong sense of right and wrong. My core is a Phoenix feather, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility.

Yup! It is.

Also, INFJ does have a fair amount of differences but it is somewhat close. ;P

(NotSo)DirtyDiana

I see a Harry Potter thread, imma post in it. 

I'm a proud Hufflepuff, Thunderbird, and my "hybrid house" is Ravenpuff/Huffleclaw because I get it on hybrid house quizzes (I've taken a lot).

My patronus is a black mare, though I like to think it would be a hummingbird or dolphin in real life. 

And my wand is yew with a unicorn hair. I don't think it would be yew in real life from the description on Pottermore... I think I'm too "timid." 

GreySquirrel12

AGHHHHH MY PEOPLE! I’m obsessed with Harry Potter so am thrilled I stumbled across this feed!

Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw with Slytherin tendencies

Ilvermorny House: Thunderbird

My wand: Sycamore, Phoenix feather, 10 3/4 inches

Patronus: Grey Squirrel (hence the username 😂)

GreySquirrel12
On 7/9/2018 at 6:52 AM, Here&Queer said:

Oooh interesting, also INFJ but Ravenclaw and Thunderbird 

I'm a proud Hufflepuff and my patrounus is a weasel. And I don't care what other people think about us puffs, I'm happy where I am.

Hufflepuff with Ravenclaw tendencies here~ My patronus is a hedgehog.

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff

Ilvermorny House: Thunderbird

My wand: Redwood wood with a Dragon heartstring core 12 ½" 

Patronus: St. Bernard

(NotSo)DirtyDiana

People like to put us honey badgers down, but there must be a lot of Hufflepuffs. I've noticed that a lot of people click it on polls on other websites, and Hufflepuff merch that I see on shopping sites like eBay tend to be sold out. I have a t shirt that I wear proudly. I need a scarf. 

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff (I expected this)

Patronus: Manx Cat

Wand: Red Oak wood with a Dragon heartstring core 13" and Slightly Yielding flexibility

Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie

TheConfusedAce

ehehehe

I'm supposedly Slytherclaw (Slytherin and Ravenclaw). This is because I have many strong secret traits of a Slytherin (secret because it's more cunning and useful that way). Ravenclaw because...well because I fit all the traits. (a Slytherin trick I do, I make some of my lies unconvincing at not so important stuff so when I do really lie, no one knows.)

When it comes to my Hogwarts house I'm mostly the stereotypical Ravenclaw (though with a little dash of Hufflepuff). I adore learning, and any books I can read I will. I don't like puzzles as much, though... wonder what that says about me! As for the little sprinke of Hufflepuff, well, I'm viciously loyal. I tend to see the best in people, and will do (almost) anything for my friends. Quite a good combo, I feel. The loyalty of a Hufflepuff tempered by the logic of a Ravenclaw.

For Ilvermorny, I'm Thunderbird. Quite ironic, if you ask me. Adventures? No thanks! I'd rather curl up with a nice cuppa and a good book than go out adventuring.

My Patronus is a wild boar (which is very ironic, as the woods I live near are teeming with them). They're kinda cool, and more than a little horrifying. I grew up with stories of what to do when one started chasing you (mostly sows with young). 

Finally, my wand is "Sycamore wood with a Unicorn hair core 14" and Unbending flexibility", which kinda fits.
Sycamore: "eager for new experience and losing brilliance if engaged in mundane activities. The sycamore’s ideal owner is curious, vital and adventurous, and when paired with such an owner, it demonstrates a capacity to learn and adapt"
Unicorn hair core: "wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner"
14": couldn't find much about that, other than that it's on the tall side.
Unbending flexibility: "wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair" aka not very willing to change/adaptable. Out of all these characteristics, only this one doesn't really fit. 😋

theotherpope

Hogwarts house: Hufflepuff

Ilvermorny: Pukwudgie

Wand: Pear wood, Phoenix core, 12 1/2 inches, Quite bendy

"This golden-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their best in the hands of the warm-hearted, the generous and the wise. Possessors of pear wands are, in my experience, usually popular and well-respected. I do not know of a single instance where a pear wand has been discovered in the possession of a Dark witch or wizard. Pear wands are among the most resilient, and I have often observed that they may still present a remarkable appearance of newness, even after many years of hard use."

Patronus: Hedgehog. So tiny! 

Archived