is grey-asexuality sexual or asexual?

Chamomile_Serenity
On 7/10/2018 at 5:34 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

There is and always will be a gray stripe on the OFFICIAL asexual flag. Grays belong. 

Cheers! So @ryn2 you belong here. Have some cake with us 🙂

• Like 1

Some of us don't relate to the asexual flag, so whatever it is intended to mean doesn't affect us.  I simply know what I feel (and don't feel, and never have felt) -- that's the only thing I relate to.   

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Some of us don't relate to the asexual flag, so whatever it is intended to mean doesn't affect us.  I simply know what I feel (and don't feel, and never have felt) -- that's the only thing I relate to.   

And?

What she means is that you can infer whatever meaning you like regarding the flag; it doesn't necessarily change anything about how one perceives asexuality.

There is also a difference between saying some group of people "belongs" with another group, and saying they are the same thing.  I mean, the white color on the flag represents the sexual crowd too.  The flag is apparently supposed to represent everyone.  It's not at all implying everyone is asexual.

14 hours ago, Philip027 said:

What she means is that you can infer whatever meaning you like regarding the flag; it doesn't necessarily change anything about how one perceives asexuality.

There is also a difference between saying some group of people "belongs" with another group, and saying they are the same thing.  I mean, the white color on the flag represents the sexual crowd too.  The flag is apparently supposed to represent everyone.  It's not at all implying everyone is asexual.

You speak for others?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what she means here, so yeah.

binary suns

I see it this way: asexuals and greys are not sexual, greys and sexuals are not ace. It’s basically: there can be more than two kinds of humans in the world. 

Some people prefer saying grey-ace to specify a closer similarity in their experience to being ace and that’s totes cool. But even so, under the grey-ace v grey-allo paradigm both are still different from sexual and from ace too. 

But it’s less meaningful the closer a grey gets to being sexual, because many sexual people only feel desire or only attraction or have low levels of both and still ID sexual —

So when it comes down to it, I’d trust the individual’s self identity. In all aspects. In a way, the identity is more about the life the person intends to have, and feels drawn towards. 

Obviously if someone had blue eyes and tells me they have brown eyes I wouldn’t believe them, and likewise if someone said they’re an asshole but is friendly and accepting I wouldn’t believe them. So if someone seemed sexual but said they weren’t, I might not believe them,

but the reality of sexuality is that there’s so much variation I’d rather leave ample acceptable wiggle room. 

Anyway, that’s just an opinion, I don’t impose it on anyone else. 

Im with @Dani-Chan, I thought it was kinda in the middle.

*sinks down to knees* *grabs head in confusion*

I thought I was supposed to know this stuff