What is your opinion on Aceflux/Aroflux?

KatchMeLater

KatchMeLater

I’m new to this community and I’ve seen mixed opinions on the topic, if you can give your opinion or thoughts on the matter I would love to hear it(just be respectful of course). I’m open minded and ready to hear what you have to say, maybe you identify as aceflux/aroflux, if so I’d love to hear how you experience it. (Please correct me if I’m at all ignorant on any subjects, I don’t know much and may have been miss informed)

thanks!

Hey there!

Aceflux and aroflux are both labels that describe 100% normal people :) No sexual or romantic person feels sexual attraction or romantic attraction 100% of the time. Everyone has many times throughout their lines where they're not interested in sex or romance. For some people, especially with the sex, that 'lack of desire for sex' can happen multiple times every single day/week/month, mixed with plenty of times that they *do* want sex/experience attraction.  Whoever came up with the labels aroflux and aceflux just doesn't understand what it's like to be a normal person ^_^:cake:

bridgie1247

kia ora, as an abrosexual person, fluctuating between different sexualities or attraction, as mentioned here, is definitely legit because i experience it and other people do also, so aro and aceflux are definitely legitimate terms. as i understand it, being aro or aceflux is similar to my identification, except on a more limited scale. this means that some days they would be void of attraction, and some days they would have attraction(though please correct me if im wrong). i understand sexuality as a scale from asexual to allosexual with other things in-between or beside. to be aro/aceflux is to not be any more 'normal' than myself. i dont believe that allosexuals would experience drops in attraction markedly, like aro/aceflux people do.

8 hours ago, bridgie1247 said:

i dont believe that allosexuals would experience drops in attraction markedly,

We don't feel attraction or sexual desire 24/7, even nymphomania (which is classed as a disorder that sufferers often need treatment for) doesn't cause sexual desire/attraction to manifest 100% of the time!!! Normal sexual people (and you must know this being sexual yourself) can go for days, weeks, even months or rarely years where we don't experience attraction/desire. As @CBC said, factors like stress, illness, grief, mental disorder, etc. can also cause significant loss of attraction/desire on and off for extended periods of time, but even just being a normal everyday person means you certainly have times you're not interested in sex and times that you most definitely are interested in sex. The same goes for romantic attraction with romantic people. I am romantic. I can go for many months on end where I have less than 0 interest in romance. I have to stumble across someone who awakens that feeling in me but it certainly doesn't last forever, it fades and then one goes back to months or rarely years with no romantic interest. This is called being a normal person.

As a sexual person yourself you can't be telling me you want sex with everyone 100% of the time though, right? You must have times throughout the day/week/month when you're just not interested in having sex?

Edit: Also why did you say "I don't believe allosexuals would experience...." when you yourself are what you refer to as 'allo'sexual (because abrosexual is still sexual regardless of what one thinks about its relevance as a label)?

• 1 year later...
RavenclawLlama13
On 7/9/2018 at 8:01 PM, CBC said:

What @FictoVore. said. "Aceflux" and "aroflux" may as well be synonyms for "normal sexual person". Especially for some people who are dealing with things like illness, stress or mental health issues, or who are naturally very introverted or shy or solitary or whatever, it's common and normal to not feel sexual and romantic interest even for extended periods of time. And even for the healthiest and most extroverted folks, no one wants sex and romance 24/7 every day of their life. There's no need for words like "aceflux" and "aroflux".

As an asexual aroflux person, I feel like I need to say something (focusing on aroflux not aceflux)

I understand that regular people don’t feel romance 24/7, but for me and I think a lot of arofluxes it’s different. When I fluctuate, it’s more like the type of romantic attraction changes. True, sometimes I’m completely aromantic, and sometimes I just long for romance, but I change more to do with form of attraction along the aromantic spectrum i.e. some days I feel cupioromantic (no romantic attraction but a longing for a romantic relationship), some days I feel lithromantic (romantic attraction but I don’t want a romantic relationship at all), some days I feel quoiromantic, queerplatonic and so on. The intensity of which these types of romantic attractions also fluctuates, but that’s just the same as everything else.

anyway I hope you can understand that, that’s just how I define my romantic orientation. It may be different for others, but hey ho.

Locking this old thread. Skycaptain moderator TGA 

Archived