Asexuality survey

sorch.g

EDIT: thank you to everyone who partook in the survey, i'm removing the links from the various posts around the internet since i definitely have enough responses and need to get down to sorting through them and writing. I'll likely delete this post in about a week but i just wanted to say thanks before doing so 😊

Blissful_Sins

What's a-spec? Asexual spectrum? 

Poppleacheer
3 minutes ago, Blissful_Sins said:

What's a-spec? Asexual spectrum? 

It's the ace spectrum, it includes asexuality and aromantics 

The last 3 questions had me a little stumped because I didn't know that I've overall felt supported or not by the LGBTQ+ community. I think that there are specific people in the community that are transitioning to languaging like GSD (gender and sexuality diversity) instead of LGBT or variations of it that are more aware of and accepting of non-LGBT sexual minorities in addition to the LGBT (and Q+) community. I definitely feel supported by many in all communities (partially because I'm not JUST ace and I'm also not hetero), but definitely not most or all, so I put no for those questions.

2 hours ago, oldsoulvocalist said:

The last 3 questions had me a little stumped because I didn't know that I've overall felt supported or not by the LGBTQ+ community. I think that there are specific people in the community that are transitioning to languaging like GSD (gender and sexuality diversity) instead of LGBT or variations of it that are more aware of and accepting of non-LGBT sexual minorities in addition to the LGBT (and Q+) community. I definitely feel supported by many in all communities (partially because I'm not JUST ace and I'm also not hetero), but definitely not most or all, so I put no for those questions.

i also hesitated at the last three questions because my friends from the LGBTQ+ community, in a way accept me but i don't really feel understood as an asexual. Like lately i feel they're only accepting for not being straight but not for being ace which kind of bums me out. I really love them, they r greatly supportive in a lot of things, even some asexually awkward situations, i just don't feel they understand it as much as they do other sexualities...

Blissful_Sins

I somehow put yes for real life and online, but no overall... Does that make sense to anyone?

1 hour ago, Blissful_Sins said:

I somehow put yes for real life and online, but no overall... Does that make sense to anyone?

i totally get it cause i did the same thing :D

Hey sorch.g,

While the project team doesn't need to approve research requests for class projects, we do appreciate being notified before posting to invite participants. 

If you need help with the research requirements I'm happy to discuss them with you, but if you need to do another class project with AVEN please PM or email a member of the project team before posting. 

Thanks, 

Jarle

Dedicated Research Contact, AVEN Project Team

I found your questions about LGBT misleading. I answered that I don't feel myself welcome, but that might suggest the local LGBT community has been unwelcoming, which is not the case. I just can't see the difference between LGB and heterosexuals, so I have no wish to go to their meetups. In future it would help to leave more room in your questions, e.g. not requiring an answer to every question, or allowing a mu answer to yes/no questions. Some questions don't have an answer.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:46 AM, Jarle said:

Hey sorch.g,

While the project team doesn't need to approve research requests for class projects, we do appreciate being notified before posting to invite participants. 

If you need help with the research requirements I'm happy to discuss them with you, but if you need to do another class project with AVEN please PM or email a member of the project team before posting. 

Thanks, 

Jarle

Dedicated Research Contact, AVEN Project Team

hey, yeah i hope didn't break any rules or anything it's just that the rules (for surveys and the like) were pretty impossible for me to find. still haven't seen them anywhere tbh. the link is gone now so hopefully it's non-issue.

No rules broken as you mentioned in your original post that this was for a class assignment. You can find the rules for research requests here, or by going to the Site Info Centre forum and finding 'Rules for researchers and students'. 

Archived