Asexuality is Genetic?

queerditch

Just Somebody

Well, there's the deal on epigenetics a part of genetics that believe that external influences of the environment  are responsible for the activation or deactivation of genes in the genetic material of all your cells.  these kinds of events happen throughout the entire life... that's why some people "change their labels" with time even if no important socio-cultural experience stimulated any change in behavior.

Anyway,  your thoughts about everything, who you believe and who you are right now, at this exact very moment is the product of a certain amount of neurological cells placed in a certain order forming a certain system of connections BTW them.

If these connections change, or if you lose cells, you're not the you from a while ago, you're a new you, so there's a new you every single second.

If you don't believe it , people who had parts of their brains cut or lost due to age or accidents have usually drastic personality and behavior changes , they aren't theirselves from before these events anymore, the way their cells are structured and their circuits of them ordered are not the same from before anymore. .. they're working differently,  and that's why they are behaving and thinking differently, that's why they're new versions of themselves.

These connections BTW the neurological cells change all the freaking time, every time you get to learn something from human culture through social interactions they create new paths , and every time you remember something, they rearrange old paths making them stronger (so you also happen to remember better).

Not only social interactions with the environment do this when cultural human resources to understand reality and act upon it are learnt, but even biological interactions with the environment can do that too.

It's even theorized and very likely by now that both biological and socio-cultural interactions with the environment are responsible for switching on and off genes in our genetic material of our (neurological) cells that coordinate how they should store information and connect to each other generating what we call conscious thoughts, that form who we are, our personality and identity at the moment.

Inside the uterus,  when people are fetuses,  their genetic material suffers a lot of changes, a lot of genes are turned on while others are turned off by biological and the social influences of the environment.

Anyway that's neurosciences and bio-psycho-sociology take on the subject. You cannot forget that we humans are all BIO-PSYCHO-SOCIAL constructs,  where literally made of our experiences in these fields of our existence , we are all a bunch of experiences, tbh,  more likely EXPERIMENTS influenced by everything we experiment with throughout our lives. Everything changes all the time, it's the course of nature, nobody should stop it.

Moving subject...

I remember seeing a lot of researches on binary Transgender brains demonstrating that they either are similar to cisgender brains of the gender they identify with, in function or in structures.

I saw other day that hormonal (biological) influences/reactions to inside the uterus to a hormone called progesterone may cause people more likely to grow polysexual if their organism has a high genetic determined response to that hormone when they're fetuses.

Just Somebody
2 hours ago, chandrakirti said:

Well @Just Somebody So, hormones and imbalances in them can affect the way we think? Well, who would have thought that! Obviously not some of the establishment of some website......

Well... not really , you can't affirm that an hormone imbalance can affect 2 people the same way, people's cells are built differently to react differently to stimulus, by their genetic material.  some people are more likely to grow taller than others even if they had the same exposure to the same hormones throughout their lives.

And I'm not making anything up.... yeah , people say hormone imbalances can affect people and yeah they can, but not everyone and not the same way.

you can view external biological influences on your biological structure the same way as you can view how external social cultural influences them... if you have person A yelling at person B as an stimulus and person A also yelling the same way at person C,  it's very unlikely that they'll react they same to it, anyway this stimulus to thought will change the way their neurological cells interact to each other in circuits, based on the reality they are perceiving throughout their senses, however it's unlikely that the interactions BTW the cells in person B and C will be the same, and since so, their reactions will be different and based on it.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:20 AM, Dr. Beat said:

Thanks. If anyone tries to download the paper:

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs10508-013-0175-0.pdf

and finds that they don't have access rights, then feel free to PM me your email address for a copy.

in College Psych101, we ended up with this 3 week long discussion of nature vs nurture, at that point fairly exclusively about homosexuality. Asexuality didn't really have a name yet. Both genetics as well as social upbringing can have certain influences, but since asexuality is such a young term, it would be very tough to determine a decent guesstimate as to how many asexual people actually lived before naming it. Even nowadays there is still a lot of confusion as to weather one is dealing with low libido, marriage problems, hormonal imbalances, life choices, the result of trauma or sexual orientation just to name a few.
I strongly suspect that my mother is ace as well, she never cared for sex very much. At first I considered asking her about it, but I don't think she could get her head around the concept. I mean, she's still really fit, but none of that LBCD what were those nice rainbow people called again? terms would fit her perspective of life. She just doesn't wanna, and men always want it, it's always been that way, honey. Ok mom. Love you.
So yea, I think some of it might be hereditary. Also that thing about the number of kids and such (can't find it now), I was my mothers' fourth and my fathers' second child. All my other siblings were from ex-partners. So in a way, I really wasn't supposed to happen. Nature didn't need to make me overly sexual for procreation. Something I always considered about when I thought about my miscarriages and our oldest one passing on. Aspergers or being on the ASS spectrum seems to show some hereditary traits as well, so why not sexual orientations?
I give it a scientifically-unsupported-personal-feelings-and experience-sort-of YES.

Archived