So I'm asexual...

WhetherWizard

WhetherWizard

I've known for about a year, actually. I was so incredibly happy to find a word for what I was experiencing. I was good with that for a while, but then the cynicism said, "You don't like the idea of having sex with another person, but you still enjoy masturbation. Maybe you should rethink things, look for a better name for it." So I did, for a while, identified as grey-ace for a while. I still didn't find it to be the right term, so I went back to calling myself ace. I have been reconsidering my thoughts recently, and wondering if anyone else has a thought on the term that best fits me here. Am I just asexual, am I grey-asexual, or what? 

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@WhetherWizard Hi! Welcome to heAVEN! There's plenty of cake to go around. Take some, if you wish! :cake:

You can still masturbate and be ace. If you're not sexually attracted to anyone, I would think you might be ace. After all, as the saying goes: "It's about attraction, not action."

I believe gray-ace is when you have a little interest in sex. Ace is when you have none. Don't quote me on that, but do what ever make you feel comfortable!

WhetherWizard

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I feel like this has already helped solidify my asexuality, not to mention reading the posts of people who are in similar situations to my own is incredibly comforting. 

So thank you, for in a half hour here, I figured out a little something about myself. 

Yes many asexuals masturbate  (because asexuals generally still have working genitals for the most part!!), they just have no desire to actually have sexual contact with other people.  That's the main difference between a sexual person and an ace: a sexual person prefers to have sex with other people, at least sometimes.  An asexual doesn't experience the same desire for partnered sex (ever) so just deals with arousal through masturbation and prefers it that way :)

Welcome! :) Yeah, you can still be asexual if you masturbate. 

Image result for cake pic

Hi! 

I ID as ace but I still masturbate (I mostly do it because it's a good stress reliever). I just don't ever want to have anyone else join me. I don't know if this helps; it might just be awkward knowledge that you now know.

So let's have some cake!

045498ad4b9b3cdd4d780fcfcaf3392a--cake-d

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

Since you don't like the idea of having sex with another person, you're Asexual.

10.jpg

10 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

Since you don't like the idea of having sex with another person, you're Asexual.

There are sex-repulsed sexuals though.

Anyway - welcome to AVEN :):cake:

NickyTannock
Just now, Homer said:

There are sex-repulsed sexuals though.

Good point. I should have said, "Since you don't have the desire to have sex with another person" since Sex-repulsed Sexuals have the desire, but find the idea of it, repulsive.

Welcome! @MichaelTannock Just go with the classic lack of sexual attraction towards others. Sexual attraction isn’t sexual “desire” as you can masturbate without sexual attraction.

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

WhetherWizard

In 24 hours from my first post, I have been so warmly welcomed I already feel more a part of the community, and I feel l have learned something about myself in that time. While it may be some time before I post again, I'd like you all to know that I appreciate all of you being so accepting. So for now, So long, and thanks for all the cake.

Archived