In a Constant State of Confusion

Aelys

Hi, everyone!

I'm very new to AVEN, and also pretty knew to the notion of my own asexuality. It's been an increasing issue in the past couple of years as I've found myself less and less capable of instigating a relationship for countless reasons, but primarily my lack of physical attraction to anyone and not 'clicking' with them simply because they seem to 'feel' something more than/too fast for me.

Am I confused? Most probably.

I think if I was going to label myself simply I would think demi? But even I don't know! It seems such a huge thing to encompass something so big in a single little word.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and can't wait to talk about anything and everything! I'm a Sydney girl, from Australia, and simply haven't found I've made good headway with meeting anyone in an even vaguely similar situation to me. So here's to meeting new people. Thanks for reading!

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
20 minutes ago, Aelys said:

I think if I was going to label myself simply I would think demi?

Well, do you think you'd feel sexual attraction upon establishing a deeper connection with someone?

Welcome to heAVEN! Have some :cake:!

Hey, I just got here as well! I cannot really help you with your questions. I thought it was cool to see someone from across the globe in a similar situation.

I'm not sure. I've never been in a relationship for long enough to test it out. It always gets to the point where they either try to initiate intimacy that I'm not comfortable with, so I try and explain it and they back off entirely, or I pull away because I don't want to hurt them if I don't feel something for them to the same degree that they start to feel.
I think I come across as really bubbly and enthusiastic, especially early on, so it's sort of encouraging? Which is a bit slack of me, I know, but I can't help being excited when meeting people for the first few times...

Thanks for the reply, by the way. And thank you for the cake!!

2 minutes ago, Sav1346 said:

Hey, I just got here as well! I cannot really help you with your questions. I thought it was cool to see someone from across the globe in a similar situation.

You too! Nice to meet you!
Across the globe - where abouts? I have a whole heap of pen-pal friends/writing buddies across Europe and the US.

52 minutes ago, Sav1346 said:

I'm in the US. I don't really get to talk to many people from other places where I live. So that's really cool!

Awesome! Well, I'm more than happy to chat about anything and everything. Shutting up is something I struggle more with haha. Feel free to drop by!

Welcome! :) Hope you find this site supportive and helpful.

Image result for cake pic

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

10.jpg

Welcome! If you’re confused about terms or need some help figuring things out you can always ask us, we’re more than happy to help you out :) 

csc_8469.jpg

On 6/25/2018 at 12:19 AM, TheAP said:

Welcome! :) Hope you find this site supportive and helpful.

Image result for cake pic

Thank you!!!! Jaffa cake? The most supportive and helpful kind! 😛

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes! And I must ask (pardon my ignorance, but) why cake?

2 hours ago, Aelys said:

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes! And I must ask (pardon my ignorance, but) why cake?

It's an unofficial symbol of asexuality, coming from the idea that cake is better than sex. See here

Archived