Hi! This is Me!

Aces_Wilde

Hi!!!!!!! I'm so excited to meet this community and talk to other people who understand what it's like to be ace. I'm 23 this year but I've know I was ace forever but I wasn't comfortable talking about it until this year. With my older sibling getting married my family has suddenly take an instrest in my private life. I felt like a failure every time my sex life got brought up; I can acknowledge that someone is hot but I don't want to "do" them. I'm also a naturally flirty person ( and can't tell if some is flirting with me for the life of me) and I'm an all in relationship type of person. I felt this year I needed to let at least my mom know. I took her out for a day of shopping and when we stopped for lunch I blurted it after I asked her to pass the salsa. I'm happy I told her because she said " I've known since you were 12 when you told me the talk wasn't needed." She also said when she was my age she wished people were more open because she wouldn't have felt so pressured to have sexual relations; she loves my dad and they had three kids but they really don't need to have sex to show they love each other. I'm really blessed to have the parents I have; I was terrified of their reaction but they understand (my dad was told when we gat to their house). I'm happy I told them but I have know clue how to tell my friends because they are like " once you have sex you'll like it" or " just have sex it's not a big deal" it's easier to tell them I have a fake boyfriend then to tell them I have no interest in sex. Does anyone know / or has told their friends; I can't always make up a boyfriend and then say I broke up with them after my friends show interest in meeting them. I like relationships but every relationship I've been in has ended when I didn't want to do anything sexual. Has anyone experienced this?

Anyway it's nice to meet all of you!!!!

~Aces_Wilde

NickyTannock

@Aces_Wilde Welcome to AVEN!

I don't have that kind of relationship with my family: they're conservative to the point of scoffing at the LGBT+ community, so I haven't come out to them even though I'm 33 and have known that I'm Asexual since my early teens.
I am however out to my friends and online.
As for relationships, I've never had any.
It seems like we're opposites.

10.jpg

Welcome! :) I'm glad your parents are so accepting. But I'm sorry about your friends. 

Image result for cake pic

Welcome! It’s wonderful to hear how accepting your parents were. Its a shame that your friends don’t understand very well, but I’m sure they’ll understand. Besides you can make loads of new friends on here too :) 

c3.jpg

Archived