Nudity Not Being Sexual (Artist's Musings)

SweetTart

@ryn2 and @Alejandrogynous thanks for the great responses.

I kind of thought the situations would be like what you've described. Knowing that, had I embraced nudity at a much younger age I might've considered modelling had the opportunity arose.

I'll post a comment (humorous situation) concerning nude photography later.

When I was a youngster, my family was travelling and stopped to visit my father's aunt and her husband. She was in hers 70s had quite a sense of humour.

She told my brother and I that if we wanted to do something we could go downstairs and see the photographs that their grandson had taken.

The two of us go down and see a little 'set' (we'd had our pictures taken as kids) against one wall and on another, quite a few black and white photos of naked girls. We didn't linger very long and ran back up stairs.

I'm not sure of the exact words, but I think she asked us about the photos. Sheepishly we said they were of girls with no clothes on.

She burst out laughing as if it was the funniest thing she'd ever heard.

My father said she helped him 'learn' how to swim. Every summer my grandfather and his sister (my great-aunt) took their families to a lodge for a fishing vacation. Well I guess when my father was little, him and his aunt were down on the dock. She asked him if he could swim. He said no to which she replied, "I think you're old enough to learn" and pushed him into the lake. 

He survived the lesson and became a good swimmer, which my brother and nephew are (me not so much).

Archived