Hi, I think I'm ace. Please help me

HaleyHoskins

HaleyHoskins

I'm fourteen and I'm having trouble trying to figure out if I'm asexual, but if I am and i tell my parents I'm afraid of what they'll say. Does anyone have any advise for this kind of situation? 

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

I haven't come out to my family, even though I'm 33 and have known that I'm Asexual since my early teens, so I can't give you that kind of advice.

However, you might show them this,

http://www.whatisasexuality.com/family-and-friends/parents/

As for whether you're Asexual or not, you might find this post helpful if you haven't read it already,

10.jpg

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

I don't think you have to tell your parents, especially if you're afraid of what they may say. I've identified as ace for a few years now, I haven't really come out to my parents either and I'm not worried about it. I don't feel like they need to know. I hope this helps.

With that said, welcome to heAVEN! Have plenty of cake!:cake:

Firstly welcome to Aven! Here it is custom here to offer new ppl cake. Enjoy ;D

1513725312596.jpeg

As for your question, I am 31 years it took me years to accept who I am but I eventually told my mother way after I was an adult. My mother has always been very open to whatever my sexuality was and encouraged me to always communicate with her that being said it all depends on how receptive your parents are. Since you are still young, they may take the route and say this may be a phase and you will grow out of it type of thing or they may not, but open communication is always vital. My advice is to sit down with the parent you are closest too describe your feelings and present how you feel, what you have researched, and what you identify as. Please be aware that your parents may try to tell you what you are not and try to convince/change you, but only you know who you are. If you do not want to go through that sort of pressure, then I suggest waiting to tell them until you are ready. Either way, I wish you the best on your new journey. Again, Welcome to Aven, and I hope this was helpful to you :)

Welcome! First things first, only come out if you feel comfortable doing so. It’s great to be open, but if you’re not ready to, or don’t feel like you want to then the is no pressure to do so. Next, have a nice guide to show them if you decide to :)

http://www.asexualityarchive.com/a-parents-guide-to-asexuality/

Finally, some delicious cake :) 

chocolate-meringue-layer-cake-124699-1.j

Archived