Hello :)

LetMeBeMe

Hello! I am asexual and pretty sure I'm also aromantic.  Only a few people in my life know that, sadly most I didn't get to tell personally - they either snooped in my stuff (I have a book about asexuality), were told by someone else who was 'concerned', or were eavesdropping on one of my conversations.  I don't really know what to say here, sorry.  I want to embrace my orientation but I'm scared other people will look at me differently or something.  This community has been great though, giving me more perspectives on situations I've never thought of and relating when no one else could.  I hope to meet some new friends and learn even more about asexuality.  Thank you for being so welcoming! 

Welcome! :) I hope you continue to enjoy this community and find it helpful.

Image result for cake picture

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

10.jpg

Wonder-woman

Welcome and love your name!

I find that people don't "need" to know; it's sometimes hard to distinguish whether people are asking out of curiosity or care, but at the end of the day - you get to choose who you tell, to what extent and when you want to (i.e. if you're not comfortable then just say you don't wanna talk about it; if they push, they're just prying). Completely agree on the perspectives of situations, and it's comforting to know we're not alone in feeling this way.

Anyway have cake 🍰

Welcome! I hope you find lots more to add to your book! Maybe make up a language they can't read? (ain't nobody got time fo dat) 

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
44 minutes ago, LetMeBeMe said:

I want to embrace my orientation but I'm scared other people will look at me differently or something.

You should be you regardless of what anyone else thinks. If someone does look at you differently, you just have to have that confidence to think "I know I may be different, but I embrace that difference. It makes me whom I am."

With that said, welcome to heAVEN! Take as much :cake::cake::cake: as you want! There's an infinite amount here!

Welcome! I’m sure you’ll make tonnes of friends on here in no time :) 

rich-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-cake-85

Archived