Panromantic or biromantic. discussing whether or not atttaction can happen in different ways.

Artzy913

Hi 

I figured out I was on the asexual spectrum about a year ago. But, I have still been figuring out my romantic orientation. I have been moving towards a pan or bi romantic orientation recently coz I feel when i get into a relationship I really wont care what genitals a persons or how they identify as long as we care about each other. But, Im just curious about how my attraction manifests differently for men and women. When i het a crush on guys its more imediate and obvious like butterflies when you look or talk to them. With girls its more a slow build that can start as frienship and them somewhere a long the line i realise I realise I care about them in a more romantic way than a friend way. 

Anyway... this was a long post. just wondering if there are other people who experience a similar difference in atttaction between genders (not necessarily exactly like mine)?

At this point I’m pretty sure I’m gay. But I find I do experience more intense (and frequent) aesthetic attraction toward women than men. But I don’t feel romantic attraction towards women. 

Since I’m not bi/pan it’s obviously different but I just thought it was interesting. 

I'm panromantic, and I identify 100% with what you said. I think it makes perfect sense; men and women approach everything, including relationships, in such totally different ways for the most part, it seems only natural, at least to me, that you would respond differently to them. It has nothing to do with their genitals, and everything to do with their behavior and attitudes being so different, in ways that are fairly consistent along gender lines.

@Dawning thanks for replying. Knowing im ace is still new to me so I'm still trying to figure myself out 😊

Archived