Suddenly hetero demisexual? Possibly by mental health?

Not too sure if this is the right section for this. I couldn't find site info center.

I ended up liking an old cassmate I barely knew during a time when I was really unwell mentally. Around the time I developed the crush I my mental health got worse and so did my insecurities. I was hearing things and having mood swings. I had found the guy in question attractive, but thought it was only aesthetic until he started reciprocating feelings. The reciprocation turned on some sort of switch one day in december where I suddenly thought about him a good chunk of the time and wanted to get to know him....but also made me act creepy with starinng, checking im out and spamming his Messenger quite a bit. My schizophrenia made it so I would doubt most of his attempts to show me he liked me.

I feel like my mental health effected my reaction to his reciprocation, but it was also the only time I liked a guy and the feeling was mutual. We didn't even get to know eachother really, which makes me think this was a tad bit shallow despite the fact I tried as best as I could to not keep it that way. Anyway, that feeling I got went away when we no longer went to the same college.

Anyone experienced this, mental health and all? I waspretty asexual before all I mentioned happened....then back to asexual.