Anyone else gets annoyed by very sexualized lyrics in music ?

texpika96

Luftschlosseule

Yes. And unfortunately, I like AC/DC. Once I was able to understand the text, I've had to re-arrange what I really like.

• 3 months later...
J. van Deijck

I can't say I hate it,but it's definitely far from my favourite subjects to sing about. Honestly, I feel it's one of the most overrated subjects ever.

This is why I dislike basically everything from Dua Lipa. She has a good singing voice, her music is pretty okay, but the lyrics... come on, can you make at least one song that is not about love and all that jazz? Even Ariana Grande has more variety in her songs. That feels like a wasted potential.

Celyn: The Lutening
On 6/20/2018 at 9:29 AM, CBC said:

Sexual here. It's not my favourite theme in music either tbh, nor is romance in general. Except when I'm head-over-heels infatuated or in love, and then I'm temporarily all over that shit haha (romantic lyrics more than sexual ones, though). It's not so much that I feel annoyed or repulsed by it, it's just that despite being sexual and romantic, I'm not particularly obsessed with the subject of relationships and get easily bored by music with those themes. I mostly prefer introspective and self-reflective lyrics, or lyrics that address wider societal and cultural issues and life in general.

Demi but I feel the same way. Lyrics about sex are just so boring.

What does more annoy me is lyrics that are about being straight. I require more songs that don't specify the gender of the singer's assumed love interest, or that reading between the lines are about being gay (or could be read as such).

My favourite "unintentionally sounds like it's about being gay" song is Nothing Else Matters.

HonoraryJedi

I don't hate sexual lyrics as a concept, but they tend to feel very overdone when they show up. There is a lot of treading the same ground. I can enjoy sexual lyrics when the person singing actually sounds like they're enjoying themself, instead of like they just want to prove how cool and sexy they are.

Yes, I do.

Especially when the song is actually good but includes lyrics that make me cringe.

Like the song south of the border started with a good tune, was a bit sexual in the first verse but it was still subtle.  And then... it starts to include these parts that I think are kind of too much information for me.

Examples: (I hid them for people that don't want to read it) 

Spoiler

- So join me in this bed that I'm in
And push up on me and sweat, darling

- You want the lips and the curves, need the whips and the furs 

- Legs up and tongue out, Michael Jordan, uh 

- Kiss me like you need me, rub me like a genie

I kind of feel like a kid saying this but I simply cannot like the song because of the lyrics

I tend to fast forward those parts or try to ignore them.

J. van Deijck
On 5/13/2020 at 10:49 PM, Hadgr said:

Especially when the song is actually good but includes lyrics that make me cringe.

Dua Lipa x100. Like I mentioned it above, her music is not bad. But the lyrics are like one long neverending song divided into parts.

QueenOfTheRats

yes, but that's a losing battle if you listen to top 40 on a loop.

Archived