Lingerie...What's the point?

queerditch

Hi hi. Thank you all for sharing your opinions. Personally I enjoy lingerie on anyone, even myself. I understand why people view it as sexy bedroom wear but I believe it can be worn casually as well. But never expect people won't be immature and make comments. I wear bloomers, tights, or cargo pants (if I have a lacy top) with lingerie. Overall you gotta be confident when wearing lingerie casually. Lingerie, or any clothing for that matter, depends on why and how you wear it, sexual or non-sexual, confident booster or for your partner. Wear what's comfortable. 

• 1 year later...

I love cheap lingerie.

People wear lingerie for the same reasons they wear other items of clothing: they like the way it looks and it serves a purpose. The purposes can be hygiene, personal confidence and enjoyment, sexual fun, or asexual fun.

I don't find it impractical at all, nor uncomfortable. In the summer time, I love hanging out alone in lingerie. I think it look pretty. I wish there were less of a stigma around it so I could wear it outside without getting attention, cuz I think it's just cool design and fashion.

Wow, this is a blast from the past.

These threads happened more frequently back in the days when idle chit chat in SPFA was a thing. I miss those days. 💕

1 hour ago, bleebloo said:

I wish there were less of a stigma around it so I could wear it outside without getting attention

You want to wear nothing but undergarments outside?

23 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

Wow, this is a blast from the past.

These threads happened more frequently back in the days when idle chit chat in SPFA was a thing. I miss those days. 💕

Ha yeah, it is indeed a blast from the past... but I don't want 2018 back for many reasons. 😂

😬 Totally understandable. buh-bye 👋🏼 

Me either on 2018 actually. That was the “break up year” with my lover including the heartbreak and confusion of finding our way as friends. 

Thinking about yesterday though, it’s safe to say we have moved past the platonic hell of years gone by.

That applies to you too by the way….🤣

I have always enjoyed wearing lingerie and accumulated a fairly decent collection over the past few years. I guess I can understand to an extent why people might consider it a waste of money, but to me it was always money well-spent. I like the way it makes my body look and that has often given me a huge confidence boost and just made me feel more comfortable in my own skin. Which is not my default state of mind at all.

Overall, I would say I mostly wear lingerie for myself. Though of course wearing it for a sexual partner can be very nice as well. 

1 hour ago, Traveler40 said:

That was the “break up year” with my lover including the heartbreak and confusion of finding our way as friends. 

Yeah that was the year I said 'Nope, can't pretend this is a relationship anymore' to my (now ex) husband and decided I was probably just gay rather than bi after all and came out to my family (oops, a bit hasty... 😂) and... well, other relationship shit with someone else that I'd rather forget and that didn't end until early 2020... 

...although I did already have a crush on a certain Telecaster back then hahaha. Yep... totally gay, me. Lol.

1 hour ago, Libellule said:

Overall, I would say I mostly wear lingerie for myself. Though of course wearing it for a sexual partner can be very nice as well. 

Yeah I'm the opposite haha. If it does something for a partner then I'm willing to wear it in Sexytimey Situations, because... well, I quite like being able to have an effect lol... but outside of that it's more like what hell would I want to wear that stuff for when I have a drawer full of comfy plain white cotton undies? 😂

I'm boring. And fine with it. 

Archived