queerditch

Lingerie...What's the point?

ryn2
4 hours ago, CBC said:

I had a couple friends in my late teens who swore by thongs in terms of comfort.

As long as they don’t have scratchy lace, for my body type at least this is 100% my opinion as well.

• Like 1

ryn2
5 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Seems like less prep than writing a categorised list of things you're willing to do...

You only have to do that once per partner, though...  

• Like 1

ryn2
17 minutes ago, James121 said:

How so? It’s just generally underwear? 

A lot of times it’s less comfortable, less stretchy, and more complex than everyday underwear.

• Like 1

Telecaster68

Other clothes you might choose as part of being in a relationship aren't what you'd choose to bum around in all day at home by yourself either. Most people get a little dressed up for dates, or for parties, or may choose one bit of clothing over another because they know their partner likes to see them in it, and it's pleasurable to feel desired. Underwear is just a subsection of that.

starweb
2 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Other clothes you might choose as part of being in a relationship aren't what you'd choose to bum around in all day at home by yourself either. Most people get a little dressed up for dates, or for parties, or may choose one bit of clothing over another because they know their partner likes to see them in it, and it's pleasurable to feel desired. Underwear is just a subsection of that.

I never got that either. I understand that it's a thing, but I guess I don't have that 'need' to be desired. If anything, such attention would make me uncomfortable. If its a special occasion I might dress up a little but only because everyone else is and I don't want to stand out, not because I care about people's reactions.

CBC
3 minutes ago, ryn2 said:
4 hours ago, CBC said:

I had a couple friends in my late teens who swore by thongs in terms of comfort.

As long as they don’t have scratchy lace, for my body type at least this is 100% my opinion as well.

I get it in theory, and yet I find something unsettling, in a sensory way, about the feeling of being nearly naked underneath whatever else I'm wearing. Although I'm exactly the reverse with my top half. Rarely wear a bra because I dislike the feel of them (and, thankfully, can get away with it).

Good lord, the information we share on AVEN cracks me up sometimes. Although I presume no one is getting particularly titillated over the thought of my value pack white cotton undies, so. 😂

• Like 1

Telecaster68
Just now, starweb said:

I never got that either. I understand that it's a thing, but I guess I don't have that 'need' to be desired. If anything, such attention would make me uncomfortable. If its a special occasion I might dress up a little but only because everyone else is and I don't want to stand out, not because I care about people's reactions.

I was thinking specifically of one's partner's reactions, not people in general, and it makes sense that while most sexuals enjoy being desired by their partners, asexuals are either oblivious or averse to it. Most people would also conflate being seen as aesthetically attractive with sexually attractive, to a large extent, so going out looking good in general would include looking sexually attractive, just possibly in a slightly lower key way than, say, a low cut top / short tight skirt / stockings combo at a cheap bar.

• Like 1

Telecaster68
1 minute ago, CBC said:

I presume no one is getting particularly titillated over the thought of my value pack white cotton undies, so. 😂

@Skullery Maid

• Like 4

CBC
Just now, Telecaster68 said:

Lmao. Dunno if she'll see your tag or not, I believe she's taking a bit of a rest from AVENing at the moment.

But ok, fair point. :P 

• Like 4

Anthracite_Impreza

Value pack knickers ftw.

• Like 2

Telecaster68
Just now, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Value pack knickers ftw.

Thee can tek the lass outta Yorkshire but...

• Like 2

Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, Telecaster68 said:

Thee can tek the lass outta Yorkshire but...

My cars get the high octane petrol, £80 Toyos and £40 Castrol, I get cheap underwear. We make it work.

• Like 2

CBC
2 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Value pack knickers ftw.

Swear to god I've been buying the same brand of value pack knickers for over a decade. That's how us blue-collar-town Ontarians do it. Fuckers used to be only $5 for a pack of six circa 2007. 

• Like 1

CBC

Oh but full disclosure, a bunch of them are pink now. I accidentally washed them in hot water instead of cool, along with a bright red sweatshirt. I'm vaguely mortified.

• Like 2

Anthracite_Impreza
4 minutes ago, CBC said:

Swear to god I've been buying the same brand of value pack knickers for over a decade. That's how us blue-collar-town Ontarians do it. Fuckers used to be only $5 for a pack of six circa 2007. 

They're still only £3 here ;)

• Like 1

CBC
Just now, Anthracite_Impreza said:

They're still only £3 here ;)

Google tells me that's $5.22 CAD, so yeah, I'm suitably jealous.

• Like 1

Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, CBC said:

Google tells me that's $5.22 CAD, so yeah, I'm suitably jealous.

I'll send you a pair, genuine Debenhams shite ;)

• Like 1

ryn2
26 minutes ago, CBC said:

I find something unsettling, in a sensory way, about the feeling of being nearly naked underneath whatever else I'm wearing.

The only thing that’s more naked is my butt cheeks, and it beats the feeling of underwear riding up them all the time.

• Like 2

CBC
5 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I'll send you a pair, genuine Debenhams shite ;)

I would die laughing. That would be absolutely amazing. :D 

Oddly specific question for any Brits reading this: does Boots still sell a huge variety of sandwiches? Like a fucking... wall of sandwiches? That's how it is in my memory, lol. And if so, do they still have chicken tikka ones?

• Like 1

ryn2
28 minutes ago, CBC said:

I presume no one is getting particularly titillated over the thought of my value pack white cotton undies, so.

Or my ancient butt cheeks!

• Like 1

CBC

Or my... hrmm nah, never mind.

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time being appropriate right now. :P 

• Like 1

Anthracite_Impreza
3 minutes ago, CBC said:

Oddly specific question for any Brits reading this: does Boots still sell a huge variety of sandwiches? Like a fucking... wall of sandwiches? That's how it is in my memory, lol. And if so, do they still have chicken tikka ones?

Can't give you specifics, but yes. Shit tonnes of overpriced sarnies they try to pretend aren't extortionate because they're in the meal 'deal'.

• Like 1

CBC
13 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Can't give you specifics, but yes. Shit tonnes of overpriced sarnies they try to pretend aren't extortionate because they're in the meal 'deal'.

Good to know some things haven't changed. Your walls of sandwiches blew my mind. I remember sneaking one of the aforementioned chicken tikka ones into a cinema in Cambridge in '01 to see Shrek with a friend. Actually I mostly lived off tins of Heinz beans and Crunchie bars for a few weeks that summer. Oh and McDonald's banana milkshakes. Very healthy, haha. I was happy enough though. Fuck... seems like a lifetime ago.

Erm, sorry. Supposed to be talking about frilly knickers here. (Alas, I know very little.)

• Like 1

Anthracite_Impreza
22 minutes ago, CBC said:

Crunchie bars

Yeeees.

• Like 1

CBC
1 minute ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Yeeees.

They exist in Canada too (not the States, I don't think), but your chocolate is better than ours. Higher quality.

• Like 1

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, CBC said:

They exist in Canada too (not the States, I don't think), but your chocolate is better than ours. Higher quality.

Never been to Canada but American chocolate is shite 🤢

• Like 1

Traveler40
14 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Agreed!  Thank God I can go down the street and buy Teuscher at will.  While American chocolate is horrid, the abundance of alternatives makes it ok.  Seriously, American Chocolate and American beer, how do they stay in business? It’s beyond me!

• Like 2

CBC
8 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Yeah, mainstream American chocolate is crap. In my opinion Canadian is slightly better, however I have a long-standing debate with an American I'm close to over this matter. He maintains that whilst British chocolate is obviously better than either American or Canadian (it just undeniably is, like by law it has a higher percentage of cocoa solids or whatever), American is better than Canadian. I vehemently disagree.

And this is the real reason our marriage didn't go as planned. Nothing to do with me being into chicks and him being ace. :lol: 

• Like 3

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, Traveler40 said:

Seriously, American Chocolate and American beer, how do they stay in business? It’s beyond me!

Your wotsit in chief won't allow decent imports.

• Like 2

CBC
1 minute ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Your wotsit in chief won't allow decent imports.

I believe the term you're looking for is Oompa Loompa in Chief? What with the orange and all.

• Like 3