queerditch

Lingerie...What's the point?

ryn2
29 minutes ago, uhtred said:

Probably comes down to what is meant by "lingerie".  I don't really know the definition, I've always thought the word applied to the sort of things that would never be worn in public, but I may be mistaken.  

That still leaves a lot of room between short silk bathrobes an things consisting of a small number of leather straps in not very strategic locations.....

I was thinking things that can be seen through/under/around clothing (e.g., a lacy push-up/balconette bra, a thong, a dress that could actually be a slip/short, “sexy” nightgown, etc.).  Going clubbing in a mesh top.  That sort of thing.

uhtred
2 hours ago, ryn2 said:

I was thinking things that can be seen through/under/around clothing (e.g., a lacy push-up/balconette bra, a thong, a dress that could actually be a slip/short, “sexy” nightgown, etc.).  Going clubbing in a mesh top.  That sort of thing.

It turns out there is rather an enormous list of things called "lingerie" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingerie  

I think we are in agreement on what is an appropriate reaction in different circumstances. 

• Like 1

SG100084

For me, seeing a beautiful woman wearing something only I get to see, that I bought for her is a massive turn-on. It's like an extra layer of wrapping paper, where you get the best layer last.

Scrolls further up the thread and sees what telecaster wrote. It's clearly not just guitars we have in common! Do you do 12-string mate? Or just G-string.

kiaroskuro
On 6/16/2018 at 8:48 AM, CBC said:

I assume some sexual people find it a turn-on to see their partner clad in such items. That's basically it. I can't really explain further because I'm a gay chick who isn't very visually-driven other than the simple fact that I specifically find my partner attractive because of my emotional connection. To me, lingerie seems like a heterosexual thing driven by very stereotypical ideas of male sexuality.

A heterosexual thing? Erm no, I don't think so. When I see pictures of scantily clad women, in swimsuits or beautiful lingerie, they often make me think of a quote (by Jane Lynch, according to my google results): "Can I just say that as a feminist, I am appalled by these images. And as a lesbian, I am delighted!"

• Like 3

Telecaster68
3 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

"Can I just say that as a feminist, I am appalled by these images. And as a lesbian, I am delighted!"

Actually as a straight guy, I have pretty much the same reaction. 

• Like 1

Bokken

To me it seems silly, basically you wear that only when you know you are going to have sex and usually with a partner in the same house, why even wear underwear? Wasting all that money just to wear it for a short amount of time and the underwear being to uncomfortable to wear normally. 

I mean it looks okay but so does simple underwear, I just don't see the point in it myself if it leads to sex.

• Like 1

uhtred
2 hours ago, Bokken said:

To me it seems silly, basically you wear that only when you know you are going to have sex and usually with a partner in the same house, why even wear underwear? Wasting all that money just to wear it for a short amount of time and the underwear being to uncomfortable to wear normally. 

I mean it looks okay but so does simple underwear, I just don't see the point in it myself if it leads to sex.

Its sort of like fancy dress-up.   I wouldn't suggest spending so much on lingerie that it has any real financial impact, but spending the amount that you might on a dinner out doesn't seem crazy. 

• Like 1

SG100084

It's knowing your girl is going to extra trouble to make you feel good.
Should have known all along I was married to an asexual woman by her choice of underwear the first time we got naked. But at the time it was a welcome break from her high-maintenance predecessor.

ryn2
7 minutes ago, SG100084 said:

Should have known all along I was married to an asexual woman by her choice of underwear the first time we got naked.

Several ace women here have said they enjoy wearing lingerie, and some of the sexuals don’t... it’s probably not a failsafe test.  :)

• Like 3

SG100084

Interesting.

Neshama
On 6/15/2018 at 10:29 PM, queerditch said:

I'm not sure if this is where it goes, but move it if it needs to go somewhere else.

What is the point in lingerie? To me, it just seems like a waste of money. I'm looking for views from both sexuals and asexuals.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Unless it can serve a dual purpose as daily underwear and be sexy it's pointless. Skimpy, sheer, lacey things provide no real support and are just gonna come off anyway

• Like 1

Telecaster68
3 hours ago, Neshama said:

Skimpy, sheer, lacey things .... are just gonna come off anyway

... And that's the point of them.

• Like 3

Anthracite_Impreza
17 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

That made me literally lol.

• Like 2

ByeYall!

If the point of lingerie is to come off, why not use wrapping paper and make it fun at least? Put some bubble wrap in there somewhere, maybe a little crepe to hold the hair up? I don't get it either. Its to decorate rigjt? 

• Like 1

Neshama

45 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Yeah, so what's the point in going through the whole schlep of putting them on just to take them off?

• Like 2

CBC

Fuck lingerie, can't be arsed. You can make do just fine with removing my oversized unisex hoodies and plain white cotton undies or you're not getting sex. 😂

• Like 2

CBC
7 minutes ago, Neshama said:

Yeah, so what's the point in going through the whole schlep of putting them on just to take them off?

Well the act of removing someone's clothing is sort of... sexy in itself... so I guess if they're wearing sexy lingerie, it's even sexier? Lol, way too much "sexy" in that sentence. But that's what I gather. I just personally don't give a toss and have never had a sexual relationship with anyone who's cared about such things. I'd feel like a moron in lingerie, personally.

Anthracite_Impreza
11 minutes ago, ByeYall! said:

Put some bubble wrap in there somewhere

Couldn't do that, everyone would get too distracted *pop*

• Like 2

James121
On 6/16/2018 at 6:29 AM, queerditch said:

I'm not sure if this is where it goes, but move it if it needs to go somewhere else.

What is the point in lingerie? To me, it just seems like a waste of money. I'm looking for views from both sexuals and asexuals.

Wrapping paper. What’s the point?

• Like 1

Telecaster68

The point is antici...........patio.

Neshama
11 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

The point is antici...........patio.

It might be more fun for the people taking it off, but putting it on is kinda a hassle

Telecaster68

But for those that do wear it, it's clearly worth it, to share the building excitement later.

• Like 1

Neshama
1 minute ago, Telecaster68 said:

But for those that do wear it, it's clearly worth it, to share the building excitement later.

I can understand that. And at the same time, for me personally, I find them rather uncomfortable and impractical

Telecaster68
1 minute ago, Neshama said:

I can understand that. And at the same time, for me personally, I find them rather uncomfortable and impractical

Seems like less prep than writing a categorised list of things you're willing to do...

• Like 1

Neshama

Lol, fair

Neshama

Although, in all fairness, the lists are a little like mental foreplay for me

CBC
12 minutes ago, Neshama said:

A lot of lingerie is not designed to be either practical or comfortable, so there's that.

Although I had a couple friends in my late teens who swore by thongs in terms of comfort. One of them actually gave me a black lacy thong with pink trim and a sparkly heart on it for either my birthday or Christmas. Mercifully, it was a gift that was sent to me and I didn't have to open it in front of either the giver or anyone else. I tried it on and that was the most wear it ever got, lol. And no, she wasn't into me, she's straight. Do straight women give other women knickers? Do women of any orientation give each other knickers? Personally I honestly wouldn't even want my partner buying such things for me unless it was like, "Hey can you pick up one of those value packs of a dozen pairs of white cotton undies when you're at the store? Thanks!"

Neshama

Yeah, we do tend to do that. My best friends and I know each other's sizes and we'll give each other stuff they might like, like bras, panties, etc. It's basically the same as other gifts of clothes and beauty products. But that might just be where I'm from and the friends I have. 

CBC

Huh. Curious. I've never asked another woman what size anything she takes and would never dream of gifting undergarments to a platonic friend. Likely not even to a partner unless it was something they'd really expressed wanting. I'm not sure I see myself in a relationship with a sexy knickers sort of girl though, hahaha. Hoodies, however... hoodies are hot. :lol: 

James121
4 hours ago, Neshama said:

It might be more fun for the people taking it off, but putting it on is kinda a hassle

How so? It’s just generally underwear?