Lingerie...What's the point?

queerditch

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, ElasticPlanet said:

Fetish clothing makes total sense to this ace... but of course, only if it's of a kind that pushes my particular fetish buttons...

Valid point, also not on my radar xD

2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

@James121 This is an asexual site. Sexualised clothing makes no sense to us aces, thus, we ask what the purpose is. If we never asked we'd never learn would we?

Well I think the answer is obvious. It’s about presentation, excitement and sexual fantasy.

Why don’t asexuals generally like sexy lingerie?

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, James121 said:

Well I think the answer is obvious. It’s about presentation, excitement and sexual fantasy.

You're sexual, of course it's going to be more obvious to you. It is not obvious to aces, any more than a light switch is obvious to someone who has only ever lived in the Kalahari desert. Understandable once explained, but not natural knowledge.

1 minute ago, CBC said:

Is the answer to that not bleedingly obvious...?

No more and no less so then the original question. 

2 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

You're sexual, of course it's going to be more obvious to you. It is not obvious to aces,

Why not? Aces aren’t thick. Surely the answer is obvious is it not? I suppose it wouldn’t be if you are an ace and you’ve been living in the kalahari desert though.

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, James121 said:

Why not? Aces aren’t thick. Surely the answer is obvious is it not? I suppose it wouldn’t be if you are an ace and you’ve been living in the kalahari desert though.

We gather it's for a sexual reason; what exactly that reason is is not obvious when you don't feel instinctive sexuality.

47 minutes ago, ElasticPlanet said:

Fetish clothing makes total sense to this ace...

*nods*

5 minutes ago, CBC said:

You asked why don't asexuals like sexy lingerie. The answer to that should be incredibly obvious.

If you asked why they didn't understand that some sexuals do like it, then your response makes more sense.

That’s my point. Both have very obvious answers. Neither question is any less legitimate or ridiculous than the other. 

Another thing is that there are lots of different types of lingerie. While some is uncomfortable, there are also things that are comfortable, and I'm told even feel nice with silk against bare skin.  As long as its warm enough in the house that things aren't getting cold, some lingerie can be as comfortable to wear as anything else. 

Anthracite_Impreza

Here's a (probably shit) analogy. If I say to a non-car person I want bigger wheels on my car, they might guess it's for a performance reason. They probably wouldn't know the physics behind it however, and why I want a better performing car (because I'm a tuner and engineering-aficionado).

I understand lingerie is worn for a sexual purpose. I do not understand why someone would want to be seen sexually (because I am ace and sex repulsed), or how lingerie works psychologically, unless someone tells me.

3 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Here's a (probably shit) analogy. If I say to a non-car person I want bigger wheels on my car, they might guess it's for a performance reason. They probably wouldn't know the physics behind it however, and why I want a better performing car (because I'm a tuner and engineering-aficionado).

I understand lingerie is worn for a sexual purpose. I do not understand why someone would want to be seen sexually (because I am ace and sex repulsed), or how lingerie works psychologically, unless someone tells me.

The analogy is perfectly fine. But it stands to reason as to why a sexual person would assume that an asexual just hasn’t the right partner yet. The sexual understands that the asexual hasn’t had sex and doesn’t want to but can’t understand why they don’t want to.

1 minute ago, CBC said:

Ahh. Hard to tell who's being serious here sometimes.

I am know to be a joker 🃏 

Custard Cream

Complex dresses... OMG I've had my fair share of dressing room WTF moments where I simply couldn't figure out how an article of clothing was meant to fit... am I alone in that?

Anthracite_Impreza
12 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

Complex dresses... OMG I've had my fair share of dressing room WTF moments where I simply couldn't figure out how an article of clothing was meant to fit... am I alone in that?

I struggled with a pair of overalls once but I'm not sure that's the same thing xD

1 hour ago, James121 said:

can’t understand why they don’t want to

This should be fairly easy for anyone who isn’t bi/pan, or even for sexual people who have a fairly specific type...  aces don’t want to have sex for the same reasons sexual people do in those situations.  There’s just no setting where it isn’t true.

ElasticPlanet
9 hours ago, James121 said:

I don't find the word 'sexy' useful or meaningful. Not for people or underwear or clothes (fetishy or otherwise) or touchy-feely activities (BDSMy or otherwise).

As for the lingerie itself, well... I'm a little bit grossed out by the 'gift wrap' idea that's been talked about here. I always thought of below-the-belt underwear as just a way to deal with the unpleasantness of the genitals and orifices underneath. Putting your household waste in a fancy decorated bin bag wouldn't make it any less unpleasant...

ElasticPlanet
9 hours ago, CustardCream said:

I know what you need. Something that has no right or wrong way of being worn! https://cilium.nu/collections/shop/products/glider

Celyn: The Lutening
9 hours ago, CustardCream said:

About a third of "womens" clothing baffles me to the extent that I'm not sure what part of the body it's meant to go on. I don't venture in said section any more except to buy trousers sometimes. My tops are all from the teen boy's section.

6 hours ago, ElasticPlanet said:

I know what you need. Something that has no right or wrong way of being worn! https://cilium.nu/collections/shop/products/glider

Um, just no! 😳. If I need a decoder, cheat sheet, diagram, master class, tutorial, involved demonstration or even a Cliff note break down on learning how to put on an outfit merely one of many different ways, I’d rather go naked. That thing is desperately impractical. 🤔, maybe I AM getting old?  Hahaha

Not to mention, that is the antithesis of lingerie....

3 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

Um, just no! 😳. If I need a decoder, cheat sheet, diagram, master class, tutorial, involved demonstration or even a Cliff note break down on learning how to put on an outfit merely one of many different ways, I’d rather go naked. That thing is desperately impractical. 🤔, maybe I AM getting old?  Hahaha

Not to mention, that is the antithesis of lingerie....

😂 I'm sorry @Traveler40 but now I have that simpsons meme in my head.

888.jpg

😂 sadly, that covers many moments in a week for me.  It’s THEM! 😉 Visits to the Apple store pretty much keep me humble.

At the grocery store this weekend I saw some Guittard “extra-dark” chocolate that was (only) 63%...  I thought of this/you guys!

• 4 months later...

Some of the bras that are classified as "lingerie"  are incredibly comfortable. I do not buy matching panties, just the bras. It's also about size. Victoria's secret doesn't carry 32DDDD

On 9/1/2019 at 5:32 AM, neverlove said:

Some of the bras that are classified as "lingerie"  are incredibly comfortable. I do not buy matching panties, just the bras. It's also about size. Victoria's secret doesn't carry 32DDDD

Yeah that's my issue as well. The only bras that I can afford in my size are the beige grandma bras at speciality stores so no lingerie for me.. Not that I need it, haha.

What seems like it would be really comfortable is a real corset made to fit..  That seems like it would hold them from the bottom which would be amazing!!

But yeah while I like the look of lingerie on others, and understand that it can make some people feel very sexu and confident(!) it's just not for me even if they did make it to fit people like me. *sigh*

• 3 weeks later...

I think lingerie (typically on whatever anime boy I'm interested in) looks really nice on the human body. Lingerie in of itself is really pretty. All these delicate, tight knit designs on soft skin. That's quite appealing I'll say. I love cat collars for people too hehe, boys look good in them ow o.

Yes, being a male...Girls in lingerie never did anything for me. And never understood sexy or lacy underwear, lingerie, or stockings, peek-a-boo lingerie. And don't understand why women wear something that is uncomfortable...I get it if they like it. But it does nothing for me and does not impress me.

It is revealing clothing that still covers areas. From experience women often wear it to show whoever they are wearing it for that they are wanted sexually. The person viewing would get the satisfaction of knowing this was being done for them.

It won't make much sense to a non sexual person because it effects the sexual parts of our minds. 

I like seeing women (for me) in it and although I feel like I'd love to seey asexual girlfriend in it I do realize that besides the initial excitement it wouldn't do much for me since the sexual reasons behind it would be gone. So I don't even ask because I'm pretty sure I'd be dissapointed due to my expectations caused by past experiences.

A lot of people can find the tease better than plain nudity. Personally I always aesthetically enjoy all clothing more than nudity, but obviously that is an outlier position in the world.

Archived